Okay. so like i said i deleted my database, well i did it again and instead of using the "dbinstall.php" to generate the tables i used the "mysql.sql" and it created the tables and all that jazz. I once again deleted everything from my server and started again 100% from scratch.
But by using the provided "mysql.sql" and than using the "dbinstall.php" i was able to get it working with fake data.... so i took my exported saved backup of all my data and plugged that into my PHP admin and was in biz!!!!!
I'm up and running like nothing ever happened. users, time, data all there and i have the new updated functions.
Hope this helps somone
Please don't try just based on my instructions, they are vague. I can get you more details if you're having the same problem before you destroy your database.... BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP before you delete your database