Fresh install to new version - everything is blank

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker

Fresh install to new version - everything is blank

Postby mpitalian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello all,

I had a server crash and the one thing i did not back up of course was the www directory...

I did have a backup of the database, so i carried out a fresh install of the time tracker and restored the database...

if i go into mysql, all my data is there but on the site, everything is blank, no info at all..

i am not sure what version i was using, i know it was an old one as this happened every time i upgraded so i never did.

i also tried the dbinstall.php part of the site and did all the upgrades, but everything is still blank.

has anyone else had this problem that can help??

any help is greatly appreciated.
mpitalian

Re: Fresh install to new version - everything is blank

Postby tkie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Do you see any errors in web server logs? What do they say?

Does WEB-INF/templates_c/ have full access for everyone?
tkie

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am

Looking at the apache and mysql logs, there are no errors reported at all. As unsecure as it is, right now the entire directory where time tracker runs, which is the root of the folder for the virtual host, is rwx for everyone.
mpitalian

Postby admin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 am

Please post last messages from your web server access and error logs - what does it log when you try to access time tracker?

Normal access log may look like this:

Code: Select all
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Apr/2012:20:01:06 -0700] "GET /timetracker/login.php HTTP/1.1" 200 5407
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Apr/2012:20:01:08 -0700] "GET /timetracker/login.php HTTP/1.1" 200 5407
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Apr/2012:20:01:32 -0700] "POST /timetracker/login.php HTTP/1.1" 302 -
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Apr/2012:20:01:32 -0700] "GET /timetracker/mytime.php HTTP/1.1" 200 19134
admin

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 am

this is what is posted to the log...

<ip address> - - [24/Apr/2012:23:08:35 -0400] "GET /login.php HTTP/1.1" 200 5396 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.55.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.5 Safari/534.55.3"
mpitalian

Postby tkie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 am

I would try this:

See if you can get it working with a brand new database (created as the first step in dbinstall.php). If this step works then something must be wrong with the database.

If this step does not work then here are a few things to check. A blank page may mean many things, among others, such as (from the docs):

- MySQL extension for PHP not installed or not working.
- mbstring extension for PHP not installed.
- Time tracker database not created.
- Access (login / password) to the database is not configured properly in config.php.
- MySQL service is down.

Hope it helps.
tkie

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 am

ok, i will try with a new database and if that works, i will compare the table names and such... all of my services are currently running and working... i will check back as soon as i have done this step.. thanks so much ahead of time for the support!!!! :) :D :D :D
mpitalian

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 pm

ok, I have dont a complete fresh install with the new version and created a new database and everything worked correctly in terms of creating new entries and using the site... i then put the old mysql data in that new database from a backup i had of the old database and still no data populating anything on the site, although i can log in with my old credentials. Still no errors from anything.
mpitalian

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

just to clear up... the site it working properly if i were to start using it from scratch, whats not working is my backup mysql data. for some reason the site is not recognizing the old data. i have done all the updates from the dbupdate site and everything...
mpitalian

Postby mpitalian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Okay, so an update... i have both databases living in mysql, the old one from the backup and the new one.... to test i just change what the site points to in the config.php... for some reason, when pointing to the old database, nothing is shown on the calendar, but if i run reports i get the correct data, if i select the projects link on top of the page, i can see the projects i had but cannot edit, if i select the link for activities i can see but also not edit, but on mytime.php, there are no entries in the drop down lists for project and activity, also the graphs link is missing...
mpitalian

Postby Nik » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

mpitalian,

It looks like your database is not updated properly. First thing I would do is to verify that the structure of an updated old database is identical with a brand new database, and that ALL required steps in dbinstall.php were successfully executed, specifically the Update projects step (between 1.3.0-1.3.3 and 1.3.3 - 1.3.47).

Hope it helps,

Nik
Nik

Postby mpitalian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:37 am

I have an update... so what I have done is this: I have created the new site and database again. I have also went through and imported each table and its data individually from the backup to the new database. The good news is that on the reports link, all the data is listed and correct if i run reports, the activities and projects are all properly listed and on the mytime.php site, the days in which work was performed show up red.

The problem I am running into now, and this only happens on the mytime.php page, is the project drop down is blank, the activities drop down is blank and if i click on one of the dates that is red indicating work was performed, there are no time records.

I am making progress.. the continued help is awesome and greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks again ahead of time!!!!!!!!
mpitalian

Postby Nik » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 pm

A couple of things to check:

1) In dbinstall.php - did you execute the "Update projects" item?
2) Run this sql query and let us know what it returns:

Code: Select all
select p_activities from projects;

Does it return NULL entries to you? Or they are comma-separated lists of ids (which is the correct case).
Nik

Return to Time Tracker