World Clock Change Log
The most recent Anuko World Clock version is 5.8.1
. You can download a trial version
. To find out which version you have right-click on the clock and select the About World Clock
Changes in World Clock 5.8.1
- Build 4615 - User-defined logging control is introduced.
- Build 4611 - Rapallo, Italy added to the city database.
- Build 4610 - Fort Collins, CO, USA added to the city database.
- Build 4609 - Turks and Caicos timezone switch to GMT-04:00 without DST delayed until Nov 1, 2015.
- Build 4606 - Cedar Park, TX, USA added to the city database.
- Build 4605 - integrated a timezone change for Bougainville Island, Papua New Guinea from GMT+10:00 to GMT+11:00 on December 28, 2014.
- Build 4602 - Fiji DST adjusted for 2014 (from Nov 2 to Jan 18).
- Build 4596 - Turks and Caicos timezone changed to GMT-04:00 without DST.
- Build 4591 - Russian time zones adjusted for October 26, 2014 changes (most cities go 1 hour back at 02:00 local time, 2 timezones re-introduced for Samara and Kamchatka).
- Build 4581 - Ocala, FL, USA added to the city database.
- Build 4580 - Waikoloa, HI, USA added to the city database.
- Build 4578 - Morocco DST adjusted for 2014 and other years. Removed no longer relevant past history of timezone changes. Updated future timezone changes for Brazil and Egypt.
- Build 4556 - Egypt DST adjusted for 2014.
- Build 4553 - Egypt DST reintroduced.
- Build 4542 - Crimean time zone adjusted.
- Build 4534 - Chile DST adjusted for 2014.
- Build 4532 - Turkey DST adjusted for 2014.
- Build 4530 - Fixed a problem with displaced controls in Preferences that was introduced in build 4440.
- Build 4527 - Fiji DST transition time adjusted.
- Build 4517 - Simplified Chinese translation updated.
- Build 4500 - Lots of minor refactoring and cleanup.
- Build 4428 - Some adjustments in localization files.
Changes in World Clock 5.8
Released February 25, 2014.
- Build 4400 - Removed debug logging from release code, which was mistakenly introduced in build 4369.
- Build 4362 - Jordan DST re-introduction.
- Build 4355 - Introduced a way to change time format in Time Converter.
- Build 4354 - Formatting improvements in news notifications window, refactoring.
- Build 4287 - Vertical alignment in taskbar on Windows 8 fixed.
- Build 4285 - News reader refactored.
- Build 4117 - Introduced vertical margin control on the "Appearance in taskbar" page in Preferences.
- Build 4116 - Localized the "Font:" label in Preferences.
- Build 4115 - Optimized windows message handling for taskbar clock.
- Build 4088 - Libya timezone change (GMT+02:00, no DST). Some refactoring of taskbar drawing code.
- Build 4063 - Added font selector for tooltip.
- Build 4062 - Introduced font selector for calendar.
- Build 4059 - Moved tooltip styling section from default.ini to world_clock.ini.
- Build 4056 - Improved presentation of calendar.
- Build 4050 - Refactored calendar style handling code (removed unused values).
- Build 4039 - Alarms UI simplified by hiding not-relevant controls in some contexts.
- Build 4038 - Extended the alarm system to support playing mp3 sounds (in addition to wav sounds).
- Build 4035 - Alarms user interface improved in Preferences.
- Build 4032 - Morocco DST adjustment.
- Build 4030 - UI improvements on the News reader page in Preferences.
- Build 4028 - Changed the "Disable notifications" flag on the News reader page in Preferences to "Show notifications" for clarity.
- Build 4027 - Fixed a problem with RSS news notifications flag in the trial version.
- Build 4025 - Tocantins, Brazil DST adjustment.
- Build 4024 - Refactoring. Fiji DST adjustment.
- Build 3984 - Refactoring, code cleanup, cosmetic changes to the UI, removed non-relevant controls from Preferences sections where they do not apply.
- Build 3886 - Refactored checking for updates code.
- Build 3883 - Simplified the "Maintenance Period Expired" message box.
- Build 3873 - Removed the "Adjust for daylight saving time" option from Preferences UI to simplify things.
- Build 3861 - Fixed a logical error in update check.
- Build 3850 - Removed tooltips from Time Converter.
- Build 3834 - Removed UTC offsets from clock labels in Preferences treeview.
- Build 3829 - Improved presentation of the side panel on the World Map.
- Build 3793 - Simplified the panel with city list on the World Map. Fixed its resizing problem.
- Build 3749 - Israel DST extended.
- Build 3748 - Morocco DST interruption adjustment.
- Build 3745 - Refactoring and cosmetic changes on the About window.
- Build 3697 - Started to use no_photos instead of no_city_photos registry value to control availability of the city photos feature.
- Build 3686 - Fixed a problem with "5 min before alarms" time synchronization (removed redundant sync requests).
- Build 3664 - Improvements done to tooltip presentation for better formatting of text in a smaller rectangle.
- Build 3661 - Fixed a bug that prohibited downloading some of the photos (with low id numbers).
- Build 3660 - Added a time string to tooltip in addition to the the date that was there already.
- Build 3657 - Tooltip improvement: profile comments removed from tooltips with a photo to make more room for other text.
- Build 3655 - Mandatory display of the About box in the trial version eliminated.
- Build 3644 - Cosmetic UI improvement.
- Build 3643 - A fix for reinstalls on Windows Server 2003.
- Build 3641 - Static versus dynamic linking with C runtime is used in a utility DLL to fix an installation issue (wrong warning was displayed) on old systems (such as Vista and Windows Server 2003) without C runtime.
Change Logs for Earlier World Clock Versions
World Clock 5.7
- change logs for versions 5.1 - 5.7.
World Clock 5.0
- change logs for versions 4.1 - 5.0.
World Clock 4.0
- change logs for versions 3.1 - 4.0.
World Clock 3.0
- change logs for versions up to 3.0.