World Clock Change Log
The most recent Anuko World Clock version is 5.8
. You can download a trial version
. To find out which version you have right-click on the clock and select the About World Clock
Changes since World Clock 5.8
- Build 4534 - Chile DST adjusted for 2014.
- Build 4532 - Turkey DST adjusted for 2014.
- Build 4530 - Fixed a problem with displaced controls in Preferences that was introduced in build 4440.
- Build 4527 - Fiji DST transition time adjusted.
- Build 4517 - Simplified Chinese translation updated.
- Build 4500 - Lots of minor refactoring and cleanup.
- Build 4428 - Some adjustments in localization files.
Changes in World Clock 5.8
- Build 4400 - Removed debug logging from release code, which was mistakenly introduced in build 4369.
- Build 4362 - Jordan DST re-introduction.
- Build 4355 - Introduced a way to change time format in Time Converter.
- Build 4354 - Formatting improvements in news notifications window, refactoring.
- Build 4287 - Vertical alignment in taskbar on Windows 8 fixed.
- Build 4285 - News reader refactored.
- Build 4117 - Introduced vertical margin control on the "Appearance in taskbar" page in Preferences.
- Build 4116 - Localized the "Font:" label in Preferences.
- Build 4115 - Optimized windows message handling for taskbar clock.
- Build 4088 - Libya timezone change (GMT+02:00, no DST). Some refactoring of taskbar drawing code.
- Build 4063 - Added font selector for tooltip.
- Build 4062 - Introduced font selector for calendar.
- Build 4059 - Moved tooltip styling section from default.ini to world_clock.ini.
- Build 4056 - Improved presentation of calendar.
- Build 4050 - Refactored calendar style handling code (removed unused values).
- Build 4039 - Alarms UI simplified by hiding not-relevant controls in some contexts.
- Build 4038 - Extended the alarm system to support playing mp3 sounds (in addition to wav sounds).
- Build 4035 - Alarms user interface improved in Preferences.
- Build 4032 - Morocco DST adjustment.
- Build 4030 - UI improvements on the News reader page in Preferences.
- Build 4028 - Changed the "Disable notifications" flag on the News reader page in Preferences to "Show notifications" for clarity.
- Build 4027 - Fixed a problem with RSS news notifications flag in the trial version.
- Build 4025 - Tocantins, Brazil DST adjustment.
- Build 4024 - Refactoring. Fiji DST adjustment.
- Build 3984 - Refactoring, code cleanup, cosmetic changes to the UI, removed non-relevant controls from Preferences sections where they do not apply.
- Build 3886 - Refactored checking for updates code.
- Build 3883 - Simplified the "Maintenance Period Expired" message box.
- Build 3873 - Removed the "Adjust for daylight saving time" option from Preferences UI to simplify things.
- Build 3861 - Fixed a logical error in update check.
- Build 3850 - Removed tooltips from Time Converter.
- Build 3834 - Removed UTC offsets from clock labels in Preferences treeview.
- Build 3829 - Improved presentation of the side panel on the World Map.
- Build 3793 - Simplified the panel with city list on the World Map. Fixed its resizing problem.
- Build 3749 - Israel DST extended.
- Build 3748 - Morocco DST interruption adjustment.
- Build 3745 - Refactoring and cosmetic changes on the About window.
- Build 3697 - Started to use no_photos instead of no_city_photos registry value to control availability of the city photos feature.
- Build 3686 - Fixed a problem with "5 min before alarms" time synchronization (removed redundant sync requests).
- Build 3664 - Improvements done to tooltip presentation for better formatting of text in a smaller rectangle.
- Build 3661 - Fixed a bug that prohibited downloading some of the photos (with low id numbers).
- Build 3660 - Added a time string to tooltip in addition to the the date that was there already.
- Build 3657 - Tooltip improvement: profile comments removed from tooltips with a photo to make more room for other text.
- Build 3655 - Mandatory display of the About box in the trial version eliminated.
- Build 3644 - Cosmetic UI improvement.
- Build 3643 - A fix for reinstalls on Windows Server 2003.
- Build 3641 - Static versus dynamic linking with C runtime is used in a utility DLL to fix an installation issue (wrong warning was displayed) on old systems (such as Vista and Windows Server 2003) without C runtime.
Changes in World Clock 5.7
Released June 11, 2013.
- Build 3636 - Some code refactoring and maintenance.
- Build 3626 - Clock templates cleaned up from no longer used cloud map strings.
- Build 3600 - Cuba and Paraguay DST adjustments.
- Build 3597 - Chile DST adjustment.
- Build 3590 - SetCapture / ReleaseCapture API calls restored on left button down and up events to support dragging desktop clocks.
- Build 3586 - Refactoring. Removed SetCapture / ReleaseCapture API calls from the base window class as unnecessary.
- Build 3585 - Refactoring. Fixed the problem with timer control panel buttons that were invoking the a double-click action for timer when operated on.
- Build 3563 - Introduced the no_time_table registry flag to control time table availability.
- Build 3562 - Fixed time table window size issue when no_preferences flag is used.
- Build 3559 - Fixed transparent font problem on Windows XP. Cosmetic code cleanup.
- Build 3552 - Fixed alpha blending (transparency issues) of navigation buttons in calendar.
- Build 3550 - Fixed calendar background area bug for custom background colors.
- Build 3549 - Fixed the problem with today's date in tooltip's calendar for timers.
- Build 3547 - Calendar fixed to display proper today for a selected clock (and not system time today).
- Build 3546 - Partial weeks eliminated in calendar week numbering.
- Build 3540 - Support added for negative coordinates for calendar position on screen (useful only when no_preferences flag is used). Such coordinates are treated as relative position of the right bottom corner of calendar window from the right bottom corner of desktop window.
- Build 3535 - Usability improvement: a single click on a tray clock is now treated the same as a double click.
- Build 3534 - When preferences are disabled with the no_preferences registry value, the double-click action value is now taken from the default.ini file.
- Build 3533 - Libya timezone changed.
- Build 3531 - Cuba DST adjusted.
- Build 3530 - Jordan DST switchback abandonment.
- Build 3529 - Time zone changed for Palmas, Tocantins, Brazil with the one with DST in it.
- Build 3527 - Israel DST end dates adjusted for years 2013-2015 (DST end is a guess for now until the proposed changes become law).
- Build 3525 - Bahia, Brazil DST abandonment.
- Build 3524 - Simplified Chinese translation improved.
- Build 3522 - Localization files cleaned up, other refactoring.
- Build 3515 - Removed unnecessary buttons on About dialogs.
- Build 3511 - Changed some URLs to website pages to reflect ongoing refactoring of the website.
- Build 3510 - Fixed HTTP link area determination on secondary dialogs when the About window is present (area was calculated incorrectly).
- Build 3509 - Shortened one menu option for compactness.
- Build 3508 - EULA corrected.
- Build 3503 - Samoa DST adjusted.
- Build 3501 - Fiji DST dates adjusted.
- Build 3500 - Adjusted minimal size of RSS news notification window.
- Build 3496 - Refactoring of the update procedure. Fixed the problem with unneeded delay before first RSS news download.
- Build 3467 - Cosmetic refactoring. Removed notification message after updates (as not useful).
- Build 3445 - Morrocco DST adjusted due to Ramadan.
- Build 3441 - Optimized deployment process.
- Build 3436 - Refactoring, removed unused code, removed no longer active build targets, optimized builds.
- Build 3402 - Some installer optimizations and code refactoring to remove unnecessary fragments of code. Build process refactored, optimized, and cleaned up.
- Build 3370 - Optimized installer scripts and the build process.
- Build 3340 - Installers modified to reflect accurate publisher, version, and size information in Control Panel - Programs and Features.
- Build 3329 - All executables, DLLs, and installers are now digitally signed and timestamped.
- Build 3317 - Started to digitally sign files. Installers, executables, and DLLs should now be signed in all variations of the product (except for the full version).
- Build 3313 - A fix for "no_preferences" mode.
- Build 3296 - Refactoring. Installer improvements. Removed clouds from the world map.
- Build 3284 - Source code cleanup - removed references to no longer existing files and resources.
- Build 3282 - Cosmetic improvements in localization files (for time table).
- Build 3279 - Installer modified so that a silent install does not reboot systems when reboot is needed.
- Build 3273 - Syria DST start date changed to last Friday in March.
- Build 3272 - Morocco DST change rolled back.
- Build 3267 - Morocco DST switch dates and hours changed.
- Build 3265 - Haiti introduced DST.
- Build 3264 - Fixed a bug with desktop clock font size on initial creation of clocks.
- Build 3263 - Chile's DST dates corrected for year 2013 and beyond.
- Build 3262 - Cuba's DST adjusted.
- Build 3261 - Falkland Islands DST adjustment, no DST from now on.
- Build 3260 - Chile DST switch dates adjusted.
- Build 3259 - Fixed the problem with transparent backgrounds on desktop clocks. This is a rollback of an earlier change introduced in build 3215 that broke handling of background transparency.
- Build 3258 - Brazil DST adjusted for future years.
Change Logs for Earlier World Clock Versions
World Clock 5.6
- change logs for versions 5.1 - 5.6.
World Clock 5.0
- change logs for versions 4.1 - 5.0.
World Clock 4.0
- change logs for versions 3.1 - 4.0.
World Clock 3.0
- change logs for versions up to 3.0.