Desktop clocks do not stay in place

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock
lexluthor

Re: Desktop clocks do not stay in place

Post by lexluthor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 pm

Which is generally how to finish up with my PC ... so inconvenient. Have now cancelled my subscription - this product seems EOL.

Nik

Post by Nik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Tried to reproduce the problem (again), unsuccessfully.

My environment: an old laptop (Dell Inspiron 9400) with a secondary display attached. Windows 7 64 bit. A couple of clocks on desktop on the secondary monitor, running the latest version of World Clock.

All clocks positions persist properly after returning from sleep.

If you are an active subscriber who would like to try working together debugging this further please get in touch, perhaps we could put in some diagnostics into a custom build for you to see what is going on.

lexluthor

Post by lexluthor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm

And you don't think this problem would be OS dependant?? Windows 10, 64 bit and fully patched using 3x 4k screens.

Yes - I have cancelled my subscription - however would be ok to renew it if this issue is fixed. But 6 weeks to just getting a response is not encouraging.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 am

lexluthor wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm
And you don't think this problem would be OS dependant??
If I read it correctly, it appears like OP's problem was the use of another product (WindowBlinds), on another OS, long time ago. Your problem looks different, it could be related to high resolution monitors, or Windows 10. I don't have the hardware to test this with.

If restarting the app restores positions, it means that the coordinates in config file are correct. OS bug, perhaps?

But before making any conclusions, one should eliminate other possibilities (such as use of incompatible products, something else interfering, perhaps trying with low res monitors to see if the problem goes away). Maybe it is a video driver issue, make sure to use up-to date driver, etc.

And we need precise technical proof, screenshots, config files before and after the problem appears, debug logs, and most of all, constructive feedback, not complaints about everything,

wrc

Post by wrc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 pm

lexluthor wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm
... using 3x 4k screens.
Just wondering what is your video configuration. Is it 2 video cards (which ones?) or something else like TripleHead2Go. If TripleHead2Go then you may want to check with https://www.anuko.com/world_clock/compa ... ead2go.htm

Another thought, if resolution is different on one monitor, and the same on 2 others, did you try temporarily removing a one-off monitor to see if this fixes the problem? I mean if resolutions are the same on 2 monitors, does the problem occur? If resolutions are the same on all 3 monitors, does the problem occur?

Your post in another thread, although implying it is the same problem, does not seem to apply really, as in your case resuming after sleep does not change monitor resolution, while docking a system onto a bigger monitor does - and the problem does exist there apparently, but it is a different story.