Feature Request - Copy to Clipboard from Converter and Table

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Feature Request - Copy to Clipboard from Converter and Table

Postby AGlassman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 pm

The ability to copy the info from the Time Converted and Time Table to the Clipboard.

When composing an email it would be so very handy to be able to open the Time Table, click on a time line, and then copy the info to the clipboard so I can paste it into an email. I do something like this many times a day when proposing schedules to members of my team in different locations. Currently I have to either do a Screen Capture and send them a pic, or manually type the data into the email.

The format could be something like:

UTC Palo Alto ...
2015-02-17 2015-02-16 ...
14:00 06:00 ...

- or -

UTC: 2015-02-17 14:00
Palo Alto: 2015-02-16 06:00

Similar for the Time Converter. Copy whatever Time Zones I have configured in the time format I have defined.

An HTML Table format might be the best output choice.
AGlassman

Re: Feature Request - Copy to Clipboard from Converter and T

Postby Nik » Sat May 16, 2015 5:20 am

AGlassman wrote:The ability to copy the info from the Time Converted and Time Table to the Clipboard.

When composing an email it would be so very handy to be able to open the Time Table, click on a time line, and then copy the info to the clipboard so I can paste it into an email. I do something like this many times a day when proposing schedules to members of my team in different locations. Currently I have to either do a Screen Capture and send them a pic, or manually type the data into the email.

The format could be something like:

UTC Palo Alto ...
2015-02-17 2015-02-16 ...
14:00 06:00 ...

- or -

UTC: 2015-02-17 14:00
Palo Alto: 2015-02-16 06:00

Similar for the Time Converter. Copy whatever Time Zones I have configured in the time format I have defined.

An HTML Table format might be the best output choice.

Implemented for Time Table in World Clock 5.8.1.4646, as a plain text copy, if clipboard in the timetable section is defined as 1. For example:

Code: Select all
[nik:timetable]
clipboard=1

Example output:

Tokyo: 2015-05-16 4:00
London: 2015-05-15 20:00
New York: 2015-05-15 15:00

See documentation on the bottom of this page in the Copying Time Table Row to Clipboard section.

Hope it helps.
Nik

Postby Nik » Sat May 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I added Copy to Clipboard feature to Time Converter as well, see Time Converter for details.

Hope it helps.
Nik

Postby AGlassman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Nik

Thank you for the quick responce. I have installed 5.8.1.4674 and tested the new Copy To Clipboard features. A few comments:

In the documentation for Time Table and Time Converter you show the "timeformat=" INI param as having values "24 hours" and ""12 hours". But it seems the existing values of "timeformat=HH:mm" in both places causes the Clipboard contents to be in 24 hour format. Is this as intended? i.e. That these INI param can be ANY valid Anuko time format strings? e.g. "h:mm tt"?

I am not sure I like the "automatic copy to clipboard" part. Where all I do is click on a row in the Time Table, or change a value in the Time Converter. This seems to put a lot of unneeded entries on the Clipboard (I use ClipMate a clipboard extended that shows the Clipboard history). When the only one I want is the last one. I was expecting to have to do a Ctrl-C command to put a value on the Clipboard. But I can certainly live with the way it is now.

Again, thank you very much for the quick changes. I hope this feature is useful to other's as well.
AGlassman

Postby Nik » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:05 pm

AGlassman wrote:In the documentation for Time Table and Time Converter you show the "timeformat=" INI param as having values "24 hours" and ""12 hours". But it seems the existing values of "timeformat=HH:mm" in both places causes the Clipboard contents to be in 24 hour format. Is this as intended? i.e. That these INI param can be ANY valid Anuko time format strings? e.g. "h:mm tt"?

timeformat can be any valid format. h:mm tt works for sure. Note that it also changes presentation format in both Time Converter and Time Table.
Nik

Postby Nik » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:49 am

In World Clock 5.8.1.4681, I have redone both Time Table and Time Converter so that they copy data to clipboard on Ctrl+C event, unconditionally.
Nik

Postby AGlassman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Nic

Installed Version 6.0.0.4859 and the copy function is working exactly as expected. Thank you so much for this enhancement.
AGlassman

Return to World Clock