Windows 10

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Windows 10

Postby Moirty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:11 pm

I just upgraded to Windows 10. My task bar clocks are now showing up un-usably dark. I am using the World Clock 'classic' skin and the skin looks reasonable within WC's preview. However, the look that actually shows up on the task bar has a black font (as opposed to the white font within the WC preview).

I am presently using all the default settings in Windows 10. I've not yet customized any visual settings.
-bs
Moirty

Re: Windows 10

Postby admin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Well, Windows 10 at the moment, has issues. It comes with some things broken, like the API that we use and that works fine in previous versions of Windows no longer works properly in Windows 10.

World Clock build 5.8.1.4697 addresses the font color in Classic and Standard System Clocks skins via a workaround. You may want to try it out.
admin

Postby Moirty » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you for the quick update. Glad to be able to read my clocks again. I notice that wrapping of long formats is not quite working either. I'm uploading an image to show it. The preview looks fine but the final format in the task bar does not.

Sorry about the Win10 problems.

Have used your product for probably 20 years and continue to recommend it. Thanks much.

-bs

Anuko Wrap.jpg
Screen Shot of Improperly Wrapped Format in Win10.
Anuko Wrap.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
Moirty

Postby admin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:01 am

This problem indeed exists in the currently available build of World Clock, and is specific to Win 10, because of apparently broken theme drawing API.

Ideally, you want Microsoft to fix their mess, and not release half-done / half-tested product to the market.

You can try to use a few clock objects where each one outputs a single line. Awkward, but may fix the output while a more decent solution, or a fix becomes available.

The problem is that we are chasing a moving target with bugs in it (operating systems coming out of Redmond). Things change, things break, and attempting to have workarounds for everything over-complicates stuff.
admin

Postby Nik » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:45 am

Try World Clock build 5.8.1.4702 - the problem appears to be fixed in it.

windows_10_fix.png
Windows 10 - vertical taskbar clocks
windows_10_fix.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Nik

Return to World Clock