How to switch the language to German or Japanese

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

How to switch the language to German or Japanese

Postby Rocko262c » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 am

Dear Anuko,

Your product looks wonderful and I am looking forward to installing and using it. Please let me all know when you all get a stable Windows10 version running.

I am running Windows 10 and when you have 100% scaling of icons and text in the windows settings you can see the day of the week in the taskbar with the clock. This disappears when you have a higher scaling (e.g. 125%). I am looking for another clock solution and Anuko looks great.

Also in Windows 10, when you go to "Control Panel" and then select "Region" then change the "Format" to German, English, or Japanese, Windows 10 will install programs in that language. It doesn't matter what language preference you have selected in other places.

I really want to use this product then I can functionally use Windows 10 with high resolution, 125% scaling of icons and text, and set Format to English then have this lovely program set to either German or Japanese.

Thanks again,
Rocko262c
Rocko262c

Re: How to switch the language to German or Japanese

Postby wrc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Rocko262c wrote:... when you go to "Control Panel" and then select "Region" then change the "Format" to German, English, or Japanese, Windows 10 will install programs in that language. It doesn't matter what language preference you have selected in other places.

I really want to use this product then I can functionally use Windows 10 with high resolution, 125% scaling of icons and text, and set Format to English then have this lovely program set to either German or Japanese.

To install in a desired language - select it during installation of World Clock. There is a dialog there in the beginning of the install process that allows you to do it.

To change the language after install, open Preferences and select your language on the General page. Both German and Japanese are supported, among other languages, Click Apply or OK after changing the language,

Hope it helps.
wrc

Return to World Clock