Windows 10 Single Line for all clocks

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Windows 10 Single Line for all clocks

Postby thewebchild » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi guys,

I am running Anuko version 5.5.1.3201 on a recently upgraded Windows 10.0 Build 10240 with Plain skin containing only the following:

[font]
color=0xffffff

For some reason I cannot get it to show both clocks on top of each other, I have 4 clocks. If I select Standard System Clock it looks right but the text is black, as in I have 4 clocks, 2 on top of the other as it was in Windows 8.1.

Anything I can add to the Plain skin to make it work? Or is there a single file from another version that might fix it?

Thanks for your help!
thewebchild

Re: Windows 10 Single Line for all clocks

Postby Nik » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:02 pm

thewebchild wrote:Hi guys,

I am running Anuko version 5.5.1.3201 on a recently upgraded Windows 10.0 Build 10240 with Plain skin containing only the following:

[font]
color=0xffffff

For some reason I cannot get it to show both clocks on top of each other, I have 4 clocks. If I select Standard System Clock it looks right but the text is black, as in I have 4 clocks, 2 on top of the other as it was in Windows 8.1.

Anything I can add to the Plain skin to make it work? Or is there a single file from another version that might fix it?

Thanks for your help!

A few things: For Windows 10, make sure that you use the latest version of World Clock, as there were some fixes related to incompatibilities introduced with various builds of Windows 10. To see if it helps, you can try checking the latest trial download from anuko.com.

If you use a Standard System Clock or Classic skin, you can try reducing the "Margin" value on the "Appearance in taskbar" page in Preferences to see if you can get a better fit. It controls the offset to the border frame. Assuming you have a reasonably recent World Clock, you may get what you want including font colour.

Other options are trying to set values in skin.ini, see https://www.anuko.com/world_clock/skins ... m#skin.ini

Most important is having recent World Clock software, as Windows 10 is aggressively breaking things down as they evolve, with the ultimate, soon to be seen result of total taskbar incompatibility (Insider builds no longer allow taskbar clock replacement at all, which soon will be forced down to all users).
Nik

Postby thewebchild » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 am

Thanks for the reply. I have tested the latest trial version and can confirm the clocks do sit on top of each other as they should. It is the margin that makes it work, however in the version I am using it wasn't built in. One thing I couldn't get rid of on the latest trial download was a black box/background surrounding each clock, any ideas?

Is there any code/command that can be added to the Plain skin that will give the margin instruction or is it built into the .exe file?

I have made it work using Verdana and 12 size font, ie. clocks sit on top of each other, the OCD in me can't help but want the system font displayed however! Which then displays on 1 line only as per OP.

Thanks again for the help.
thewebchild

Postby admin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 pm

thewebchild wrote:Is there any code/command that can be added to the Plain skin that will give the margin instruction or is it built into the .exe file?

No, as margins handler is there for virtual skins only. Plain skin is not virtual, and there is no margin handler for it.
admin

Postby IcyMike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I just bought the latest version, after reading your posts, becuase mine was the same.
The latest version works perfectly in my new laptop, 2 weeks old, running Windows 10.
Back to normal!! :D
I've been using these clocks on my computers for maybe 10 years, and I always hope when I update, there might be some more clockface options, but it's always the same :(
Great product BTW
IcyMike

Return to World Clock