Taskbar clocks tiny with new standard high res screen

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Taskbar clocks tiny with new standard high res screen

Postby lexluthor » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:52 am

Just been migrating all my software to a new laptop with a 3840x2160 screen resolution. I exported the settings from my previous PC and applied these tot he new one. Anuko collapses the taskbar clocks in 2 columns 6 high (I use 12 clocks all up). See pic.

None of the display settings seemed to make a difference.

I am very keen to get this sorted as it is not workable.

Thanks in advance,

Lex

PS Tried to upload the Anuko,ini file to this forum - but this type is blocked. Also having a max file size of 256k only allows the most minimal corner of a screen grab. You may want to relax these settings. Having a technology issue is frustrating. Not being able to quickly and easily submit issues without further ado just adds to the experience.
Attachments
2016-08-06_17-44-52.png
2016-08-06_17-44-52.png (121.82 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Last edited by lexluthor on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lexluthor

Re: Taskbar clocks tiny with new standard high res screen

Postby peter » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Looks like you use the Bamboo skin. In this skin, the digits are drawn as bitmaps and are not resizeable. As your digits appear to be larger then text, they define clock vertical size, which is then used for auto-positioning of a clock stack in taskbar. As your taskbar appears to be large enough to hold 6 clocks, they are auto-arranged in a 6x2 matrix.

Real digit size depends on your display resolution (DPI). Changing this may help, but it's probably not what you want as it will affect everything else.

If you insist on using the Bamboo skin, you can try making the label font larger by changing its size attribute in skin.ini. Another option is drawing larger digit bitmaps.

Better yet, try a skin that is truly resizeable, such as Plain - Bigger Font.

Note: if you change anything in skin.ini make sure to rename the skin folder, because software updates overwrite these changes.

Hope it helps.
peter

Postby admin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:21 pm

lexluthor wrote:... having a max file size of 256k only allows the most minimal corner of a screen grab. You may want to relax these settings if you really would like people to use the forum to submit issues ...

Increased the attachment size limit to 2 MB.
admin

Postby admin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

lexluthor wrote:PS Tried to upload the Anuko,ini file to this forum - but this type is blocked.

Changed forum setting to allow posting ini files. Proof below.
Attachments
test.ini
Proof
(5 Bytes) Downloaded 83 times
admin

Postby lexluthor » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt action on all 3 fronts! Just confirming that creating a new Bamboo skin and increasing the font in the ini nearly did the job. The Label is displayed much larger - however the time itself is still very tiny. Can you please point me tot he correct ini setting? I tried a few but did not manage to locate the real McCoy.

You can see why I love your product. How good is this? It highlights which exchange is open, provides audible alerts 10 mins prior and changes the color 10 mins before an exchange opens and 10 mins before it closes.

Hope to hear soon and thanks for your work to date.

Cheers,

Lex
Attachments
AnukoBamboo.png
AnukoBamboo.png (902.71 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Last edited by lexluthor on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
lexluthor

Postby Nik » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:55 pm

lexluthor wrote:... The Label is displayed much larger - however the clock itself is still very tiny. Can you please point me tot he correct ini setting?

Bamboo skin has bitmaps for digits. They are not resizeable, unless you draw larger digits by providing a new bitmap with digits (the numbers.bmp file in skin folder).

If you are okay with label font, it may be easier to just use it and remove the bitmap completely. What I mean, define the font in skin.ini and remove the numbers.bmp and digits.bmp files from the skin folder entirely.

For example, here is how Bamboo looks with removed bitmaps on my screen.

bamboo_skin_with_removed_digits.png
Bamboo skiin in World Clock with removed digit bitmap
bamboo_skin_with_removed_digits.png (19.79 KiB) Viewed 2140 times

skin.ini file is also attached for reference.

skin.ini
Modified skin.ini from the Bamboo skin in World Clock
(114 Bytes) Downloaded 86 times
Nik

Postby lexluthor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 am

This works exactly as stated. I do get an interesting side effect. Without the text.bmp, the clocks go very dark (barely visible). Restoring the text.bmp and the clocks are back to their normal glory?

Any suggestions?
Attachments
2016-08-16_21-46-07.png
With text.bmp restored ...
2016-08-16_21-46-07.png (177.24 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
2016-08-16_21-45-57.png
Dark with the text.bmp removed.
2016-08-16_21-45-57.png (183.25 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
lexluthor

Postby Nik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:46 pm

This happens because your taskbar is dark, and it's color is used as a base in the absence of bitmaps.

When bitmaps are available, the top-right pixel in text.bmp defines clock background before applying highlights.

I have modified the code to accommodate the background RGB value in the [font] section of skin.ini. This is available as of World Clock version 6.0.0.5328.

See attached image showing green background for the modified Bamboo skin with both bitmaps removed.

Hope it helps.
Attachments
world_clock_background_fix.png
You can define background in skin.ini in World Clock now
world_clock_background_fix.png (43.5 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
Nik

Postby lexluthor » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Works a treat. I am over the moon with the responsiveness and can do attitude of the support!!!

A big thank you!

Lex
lexluthor

Return to World Clock