World clock in the taskbar was one of the most helpful things on my system that I'm really missing right now.
I really hope the developers haven't given up on this out of frustration with ms! Not aiming to tread on any toes but there's a few alternative solutions that would keep me sane and paying...
This shows some of the concepts below: http://bit.ly/2cklSFs
- Make a regular windows toolbar that shows the clock. eg, Networx (on the far left of the image) does this with a graph chart of the network load. (This is the most obvious, elegant? solution imho..)
- Make the taskbar tray icon itself show a small date/location abbreviation.
- On mouseover, it could show the list of locations you have saved, with dates, times etc. Right now, it's just a static icon that does nothing. (I'd hoped for this even before the win10 drama)
- You could go further and let multiple tray icons appear in the taskbar for different locations. eg, Core Temp does this, and shows cpu load, network load, ram load on separate taskbar tray icons (the 3 number icons in the image).
- A world clock taskbar program, that opens minimized, but shows and updates the time on it's taskbar button label. eg, Taskbar Meters does this.
Hopefully something helps, inspires or connects on these. Please keep it up folks, there's literally nothing else even close to world clock out there right now as an alternative!