Taskbar Clock Disabled Warning

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Taskbar Clock Disabled Warning

Postby stevebaile » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:17 pm

My version of World Clock doesn't work properly with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. So I turned off the Windows Taskbar Clock. So now I get a "Taskbar Clock Disabled" Warning Box every time I log in. I know that. I did it on purpose. Is there any way to shut off that warning box?
stevebaile

Re: Taskbar Clock Disabled Warning

Postby wrc » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:59 am

stevebaile wrote:My version of World Clock doesn't work properly with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. So I turned off the Windows Taskbar Clock. So now I get a "Taskbar Clock Disabled" Warning Box every time I log in. I know that. I did it on purpose. Is there any way to shut off that warning box?

Enable system taskbar clock back on, but re-configure World Clock to run each clock on desktop instead in Preferences.
wrc

Postby stevebaile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am

Ok. That seems to work. Thanks. I am still having trouble (occasionally) with the system clock not displaying properly and I can see Anuko items in the right click menu. So I don't know if there is still some interference or if Windows 10 Anniversary edition simply has problems. (There are so many, who can tell). But, right now, I have a properly functioning system clock, so, thank you.
stevebaile

Postby stevebaile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:49 am

I take it back. It appeared to be working but it is not. I forgot that the reason that I shut down the System Clock is that the time never updates. Even when I remove the Anuko clock from the task bar and restore the System Clock, the clock retains the time at which it was first loaded. Something about Anuko's connection to the system clock keeps it from working. It loads at boot time but then stops working. Do you have any idea about why that occurs? I am using Anuko 6.0.0.5318.
stevebaile

Postby stevebaile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:02 am

Just upgraded to 6.0.0.5332. Looks like the clock is working now.
stevebaile

Return to World Clock