Task Bar error message on startup

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Task Bar error message on startup

Postby srdavis » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:06 pm

I understand that we have given up using the task bar to display clocks in the new versions of windows 10. An error message appears on startup indicating that "The Task Bar clock is not supported in this version of Windows." This is a click-through error message. Would you please put a timer on this message so after five seconds (or so) it is automatically acknowledged? This hangs up the rest of the startup process and is an annoyance. Thank you.
srdavis

Re: Task Bar error message on startup

Postby wrc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm

srdavis wrote:I understand that we have given up using the task bar to display clocks in the new versions of windows 10. An error message appears on startup indicating that "The Task Bar clock is not supported in this version of Windows." This is a click-through error message. Would you please put a timer on this message so after five seconds (or so) it is automatically acknowledged? This hangs up the rest of the startup process and is an annoyance. Thank you.

This start-up warning is easy to remove. Reconfigure your clocks to run "on desktop" instead of "in taskbar" in Preferences, and it will not bother anymore. The message shows up because you have clocks configured to show up in taskbar, and the OS is no longer friendly to this.
wrc

Postby fxhero » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:24 am

:roll: NOTED on thread: "This start-up warning is easy to remove. Reconfigure your clocks to run "on desktop" instead of "in taskbar" in Preferences, and it will not BOTHER anymore. The message shows up because you have clocks configured to show up in taskbar, and the OS is no longer friendly to this."

OK I bleed with disappointment but I still elected to buy the software...

So... What am I missing here?

1. Every clock configured and placed on the desktop is configured to a desktop format.
2. Right click on a clock and the drop down list has [PLACE IN TASKBAR] greyed out.
* I anxiously re-cycle through every option selection that is available... I am after all obsessively compulsive and yet...
What am I missing here?

Yet still on PC startup the startup is halted by that "The Task Bar clock is not supported in this version of Windows."

Perhaps we can download a version of World clock that is clean with no hint of a register program line?

I am reminded of the similar notification on my old PC that my edition of World Clock is out of date and would I like to PURCHASE a new version... I NOTED that there was no way of turning that off either...
MY ONLY COMPLAINT FOR THIS SOFTWARE BTW. Something to look forward to I presume ;-)
fxhero

Postby Nik » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm

fxhero wrote:1. Every clock configured and placed on the desktop is configured to a desktop format.

Make sure to go through every clock in Preferences and configure each one to show "on desktop" as on the attached picture.

clock_on_desktop.png
Configure to show the clock to run on desktop instead of in taskbar
clock_on_desktop.png (25.85 KiB) Viewed 151 times

fxhero wrote:I am reminded of the similar notification on my old PC that my edition of World Clock is out of date and would I like to PURCHASE a new version... I NOTED that there was no way of turning that off either...

There is a way to turn this off. Disable checking for updates on the General page in Preferences.

Hope it helps.
Nik

Return to World Clock