Can change the popup text size?

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock
bjasper

Can change the popup text size?

Post by bjasper » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 am

I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64 and World Clock v5.4.0.2528. I have five active clocks defined and one displayed in the taskbar. When I mouseover the displayed clock, I see a popup (tooltip) window containing the rest of the clocks. So far, so good...

The problem I am having is the font size in the popup window. I am using a 1920x1200 monitor, and the font is too small for me to read comfortably.

I tried increasing the Windows tootltip size and all font size parameters I could find in the World Clock ini files, but no change.

Is there a way to control the font size?

And while we are on the subject, I too would like to have more control of the time format and clock ordering in the popup display. Thanks!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm

If you have full version, go to the product installation directory (usually Program Files\Anuko\World Clock), open the default.ini file with any text editor and set the font size by changing the "font_height" value inside the [default:tooltip] section. Negative values mean pixels, positive - typographical "points".

You can also customize the entire tooltip appearance there, but be careful. I advise you backup the original file before editing it.

Please note that your modifications will be lost during any update or new installation, so save the file somewhere else.

Hope it will help.

bjasper

Thanks, that did it!

Post by bjasper » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 pm

It would be great if there was also a setting in default.ini for the time and date format. I'd like a more compact display matching the format of the clock I'm displaying in the taskbar.

Is there any way to affect the time and date display in the current version?

admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 am

There is a "Time and date display options" page for each clock in Preferences. Select a time format there or type in your own formatter.

Hope it helps,

Nik

bjasper

Thanks, Nik

Post by bjasper » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

Thanks, Nik

I was referring to the time and date format for the clocks in the popup (tooltip) window, not the clocks displayed in the taskbar. The per-clock settings seem to control only the taskbar display format. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm

I think the date format in tooltips is taken from the system settings.

You can change it in your system (Regional and Language Options) but it will affect the entire system.

Hope it helps,

Nik

Nik

Re: Can change the popup text size?

Post by Nik » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Well, now you can change font and text size in the new version of World Clock. Do it in Preferences, on the "Appearance in taskbar" page. Scroll the attached image down to see the controls for Font family change and font size change.
world_clock_popup_text_size.png
Change font and text size in World Clock Preferences
world_clock_popup_text_size.png (36.58 KiB) Viewed 13592 times
Hope it helps.