Failed to connect socket

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
ttuser

Failed to connect socket

Post by ttuser » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Hello,

I am seeing the "Error sending mail" when trying to reset a password in my TT install.

The debug out is: "Permission denied. Failed to connect socket: Permission denied. Failed to connect to smtp.263.net:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Permission denied (code: -1 response: )]

Can someone please help?
Attachments
failed_to_connect_socket_error.png
Failed to connect socket error
failed_to_connect_socket_error.png (15.07 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Nik

Re: Failed to connect socket

Post by Nik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:50 pm

ttuser wrote:Hello,

I am seeing the "Error sending mail" when trying to reset a password in my TT install.

The debug out is: "Permission denied. Failed to connect socket: Permission denied. Failed to connect to smtp.263.net:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Permission denied (code: -1 response: )]

Can someone please help?
Looks like a socket cannot be established between a system where Time Tracker runs and a mail server smtp.263.net on port 25. Perhaps, port 25 is blocked by your ISP or a firewall? Try to use mail server and port provided by your ISP, or use a different port to connect to an external mail server. WEB-INF/config.php.dist file has an example for gmail (port 465).

Hope it helps.

ttuser

Post by ttuser » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks,

Another question: How to modify the format of the send mail?

Nik

Post by Nik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 pm

ttuser wrote:Another question: How to modify the format of the send mail?
If this is about password reminder email, then look at resource files located in WEB-INF/resources/ dir. There is one resource (translation) file for each language. For Chinese there are actually 2 files - Simplified (zh-cn.lang.php) and Traditional (zh-tw.lang.php).

The string you should be looking for is form.reset_password.email_body

Hope it helps.