User roles and rights redesign

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
bonnedav
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 am

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by bonnedav » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 am

Nik wrote:Instead of punch mode entirely, how about an additional Puncher role (lower rank than User).

PUNCHER - a user with minimal set of rights to punch in or out.

"punch_own_time" - can punch in or out of Time Tracker.
"view_own_reports" - view own reports.
"view_own_charts" - view own charts.


To add to SUPERVISOR:

"punch_time" - can punch in or out for lower roles.
Good idea. In that case, I think you should make it so that a "puncher" can't edit or delete their own punches but a user can. Having this based on roles/permissions removes the need to use the locking plugin for this and allows it to be instant by removing the edit and delete options altogether.

bonnedav
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 am

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by bonnedav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:40 am

How about a "view_own_tasks" permission that let's you view tasks for assigned projects?

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:51 pm

bonnedav wrote:How about a "view_own_tasks" permission that let's you view tasks for assigned projects?
This makes sense to me. I'll edit the list accordingly and add code to handle this situation when I have a chance.

wrc
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by wrc » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:36 pm

I think that "view_all_reports" right is needed, too. It should allow users with a lower role to run reports for all users in group, including for users having higher roles.

Example: payroll operation. A person who is not a top manager processes reports for payroll for all people in group.

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:43 am

wrc wrote:I think that "view_all_reports" right is needed, too. It should allow users with a lower role to run reports for all users in group, including for users having higher roles.

Example: payroll operation. A person who is not a top manager processes reports for payroll for all people in group.
I added "view_all_reports" to co-managers. This introduces a new type of right that overrides the default design of allowing access to lower roles only. I wonder of other "..._all_..." rights such as "view_all_charts" are, perhaps, needed.

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 pm

I added "view_own_tasks" and "view_own_clients" rights (to User and Supervisor roles).

bonnedav
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 am

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by bonnedav » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 am

The "manage_features" right does not seem to work. ex. the default co-manager role does not have the right but can still enable and disable features without it. also when do you plan to begin work on the org tree system.

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:35 pm

bonnedav wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 am
The "manage_features" right does not seem to work. ex. the default co-manager role does not have the right but can still enable and disable features without it. also when do you plan to begin work on the org tree system.
Indeed. It looks like we need to figure out how to fix it properly.

bonnedav
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 am

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by bonnedav » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Maybe it would be easier to make it it's own page?

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:18 pm

bonnedav wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:14 pm
Maybe it would be easier to make it it's own page?
You are probably right, perhaps this is best. I'll see what I can do.

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I moved plugins configuration out of group_edit.php to a separate page called plugins.php.

Effective from TT version 1.17.99.4322.

I hope I did not break anything...

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am

bonnedav wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 am
... when do you plan to begin work on the org tree system.
Starting now... I see this as a simple dropdown to select a sub-group (if one is available), similarly to how we select an on-behalf user. This probably belongs to another thread...

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Nik wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am
bonnedav wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 am
... when do you plan to begin work on the org tree system.
Starting now... I see this as a simple dropdown to select a sub-group (if one is available), similarly to how we select an on-behalf user. This probably belongs to another thread...
Subgroups feature is now ready for testing. Subgroups can be added on the "Subgroups" tab. Current group can be changed on either "Group" or "Subgroups" tabs using the Group selector on top.

subgroups_menu.png
Group and Subgroups menus in Time Tracker.
subgroups_menu.png (57.65 KiB) Viewed 538 times

Nik
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: User roles and rights redesign

Post by Nik » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm

As part of timesheet approval workflow add-on, which is currently ongoing, I added the following rights:

"view_own_timesheets" and "manage_own_timesheets" to USER.

"view_own_timesheets" to CLIENT.

"view_timesheets", "manage_timesheets", and "approve_timesheets" to SUPERVISOR.

"view_all_timesheets", "manage_all_timesheets" to CO-MANAGER.

"approve_all_timesheets" to MANAGER.

Hope it makes sense.

Post Reply