Actual time of arrival and departure & the ip address

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
dell810

Actual time of arrival and departure & the ip address

Post by dell810 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi,
Excellent software and Excellent support !!!

I use it as an attendance for employees in different buildings.
I would like to record in the reports the actual time of arrival and departure as well as the ip address.
Thanks

Nik

Re: Actual time of arrival and departure & the ip address

Post by Nik » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm

There is a way ti restrict access to the system by IP, for example, when one wanted to be able to use the system from only inside of the company. See https://www.anuko.com/time_tracker/faq/ ... _by_ip.htm

I was going to introduce IP fields in some tables for audits.

Your suggestion goes well alongside with this.

dell810

Post by dell810 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:44 pm

1. I don't want to restrict access but to see from which ip the employee has connected.
With the IP address I would like to check if an employee from his computer input the time of arrival and departure not only for him but and for other employees (it should not happen).
2. Any suggestion how to display in the reports the actual time of arrival and departure?
Thanks again

wrc

Post by wrc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 am

dell810 wrote:1. I don't want to restrict access but to see from which ip the employee has connected.
With the IP address I would like to check if an employee from his computer input the time of arrival and departure not only for him but and for other employees (it should not happen).
2. Any suggestion how to display in the reports the actual time of arrival and departure?
Thanks again
I think you may need an NFC RFID card reader, and something Internet connected, such as Raspberry PI, that reads the cards that people carry and then talks to a remote Time Tracker via some kind of API. It could, perhaps, be a fingerprint reader. But to keep things simple and cheap, perhaps RFID cards and a reader mounted on a wall or something.

dell810

Post by dell810 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks for your suggestions
Sorry for my bad english

I would like if it possible timetracker to record and display in the reports :
a. the actual time of arrival and departure (as hidden fields)
b. the ip which employee has connect

Thanks !!!

Nik

Post by Nik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:46 pm

dell810 wrote:I would like if it possible timetracker to record and display in the reports :
a. the actual time of arrival and departure (as hidden fields)
How exactly do you suggest that we track arrival and departure times? Which events in Time Tracker system are they? I mean how do we determine with reliability, without depending on any external devices such as smart cards, RFID tags, fingerprinting, retina scanners, etc, that a person entered or left a building?

I created a separate topic to discuss punch mode current deficiencies and potential improvements here.

dell810

Post by dell810 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:13 am

Hi Nik,
I'm just interested in registering the times of arrival and departure.
By using the notification plugin and cron.php, I send a report every 5 minutes, so I know about when they came or left .
If it possible when the employee registers the arrival time, Time Tracker to record also and the actual time (maybe as hidden file) and his ip address to know.

If the employees know that, in addition to their recording time, real time is also recorded will be more formal
Thanks a lot for your time

Nik

Post by Nik » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:28 pm

dell810 wrote:I'm just interested in registering the times of arrival and departure.
By using the notification plugin and cron.php, I send a report every 5 minutes, so I know about when they came or left.
What kind of report is it? Do you send it to yourself or to users as a reminder to register their time? If you don't restrict access, they can login from a mobile phone from anywhere without being in the building.
dell810 wrote:If it possible when the employee registers the arrival time, Time Tracker to record also and the actual time (maybe as hidden file) and his ip address to know.
I think we can add the IP, which seems like a necessary field for various audits.

I am thinking about introducing a PUNCHER role, as opposed to USER, with only a minimal set of rights such as "punch_own_time" right but not "track_own_time". Punchers will be allowed access to a timer.php page where they may either punch in and out. In addition, we may restrict access to this page by IP or subnet, if required. I think it may work better for your situation.

dell810

Post by dell810 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:46 pm

I send a "daily" report every 5 minutes to my email.
I just want to check the employees when they arrive or they leave
Our network has restrict access so they must login from a PC

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:42 am

I added the IP fields to the log table as well as to users. Below is a new report example. Fav reports do not include the IP address yet, so I guess you can't use it with notifications at the moment. Hopefully soon. Another known issue is that exporting a report to any of the formats (CSV, XML, or PDF) does not yet include the field.
Attachments
ip_in_reports.png
IP address in Time Tracker report
ip_in_reports.png (61.58 KiB) Viewed 2258 times

dell810

Post by dell810 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:32 am

Perfect with the ip fields !!!
I'm looking forward to the new changes
Thanks Nik

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Try using Time Tracker version 1.17.63.4119 or later, it should have what you need, including emailing favorite reports on schedule. Please let us know if you notice any issues.