Anuko Time Tracker INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
admin

Anuko Time Tracker INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Post by admin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:13 am

This document is OLD and OUTDATED. Please read new Anuko Time Tracker Installation Guide.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

- Install and configure Apache web server and MySQL server.
- Install PHP with PEAR database access code.
- Unpack distribution files into a selected directory for Apache web server. If you have a previous deployment of WR Time Tracker v0.3 - remove it and then deploy new code.
- For UNIX systems set full access rights for catalog WEB-INF/templates_c/ (chmod 777 templates_c).
- Change $dsn value in /WEB-INF/config.php file to reflect your database connection parameters (username, password, and database name).
- Set MULTITEAM_MODE = "true" in /WEB-INF/config.php file if you want to allow users create their own teams. By default it is "false", which means that only admin can create teams.
- If you install time tracker into a sub-directory of your site reflect this in the APP_NAME parameter in /WEB-INF/config.php file. For example, for http://localhost/timetracker/ set APP_NAME = "timetracker".
- Create database using mysql.sql script. Alternatively, if the database is already created, you can use /dbinstall.php utility to create its structure. Remove /dbinstall.php after use.
- Login to your time tracker site as admin with password "secret" without quotes and create at least one team.
- Change admin password using the following SQL console command:
update users set u_password=password('new_password_here') where u_login='admin'
or by using the "Change password of administrator account" option in http://your_time_tracker_site/dbinstall.php
- Test if everything is working.
- Remove dbinstall.php file from your installation directory.

POSSIBLE REASONS WHY WR TIME TRACKER IS NOT WORKING

- No connection to the database.
- WR Time Tracker was developed and tested for PHP <=5.1.2, MySQL <=4.1, Apache <=1.3.23. Trying with radically different versions above or below may cause problems.
- PHP compiled without session support.

NOTE FOR USERS OF MySQL 4.1 AND ABOVE

- MySQL v4.1 is supported if you use WR Time Tracker v0.4.1 and later versions.
- If you are migrating your database from earlier MySQL versions you might need to configure your server to support old passwords to allow existing users log on as before.
- If things do not work consider reading this document http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

NOTE FOR PHP4 AND PHP5 USERS

- Both PHP4 and PHP5 versions are supported.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FROM v0.3

- Backup database and the code on the site.
- Deploy new distribution code.
- Change $dsn value in /WEB-INF/config.php file to reflect your database connection parameters (user name and password).
- For UNIX systems set up full access rights for catalog WEB-INF/templates_c/ (chmod 777 templates_c).
- Launch http://your_time_tracker_site/dbinstall.php utility. Sequentially execute an UPDATE and then CONVERT PASSWORDS operations. Remove /dbinstall.php after use.
- Check whether your site is still working with old passwords, rollback if necessary.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FROM v0.4 or v0.5

- Backup database and the code on the site.
- Deploy new distribution code.
- Change $dsn value in /WEB-INF/config.php file to reflect your database connection parameters (user name and password).
- For UNIX systems set up full access rights for catalog WEB-INF/templates_c/ (chmod 777 templates_c).
- Launch http://your_time_tracker_site/dbinstall.php utility. Sequentially execute the
"Update database structure (v0.4 to v0.5)" and "Update database structure (v0.5 to v0.6)" operations. Remove /dbinstall.php after use.
- Check whether your site is still working, rollback if necessary.

Note: if these instructions need improvement please let us know what is missing. Thanks![/url]
Last edited by admin on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

michael_hodgins

Installing 0.6

Post by michael_hodgins » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:28 pm

I think it's important to point out that if you're installing version 0.6, the database that dbinstall.php firstly creates has the 0.5 structure. You must also run "Update database structure (v0.5 to v0.6)" otherwise you'll get some odd errors.

Michael

fizzerfits

Post by fizzerfits » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:34 am

Also of note, if you are putting this on a hosting provider w/ linux and not a personal server where you control APACHE, you may very well hit some errors due to the WRTT included .htaccess file. If you get a 'server error' of some sort (generally maps to error 500 on the web browser), simply nuke the .htaccess file.

rafaelchacon

Installation Problems

Post by rafaelchacon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Do you have feedbacks of running WR Time Trackker under WIndows XP operating systems??? I'm trying to run the server but when I try to enter nothing happens... no error messages the browser just say "Done"....

How do I test if the connection to the database is working??? I can connect trough cmd but I dont know if WR TT it's doing the conecction....

admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 am

Here is one additional option for users experiencing difficulties installing WR Time Tracker:

WR Consulting now offers a pre-built, pre-configured WMWARE virtual appliance with pre-installed WR Time Tracker.

Please feel free to check it out on this page: http://wrconsulting.com/cms/time_tracke ... /index.htm

If you run XP simply download a free VMWARE Player, buy the appliance and run it in your player.

Nik

rafaelchacon

Problem resolved

Post by rafaelchacon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi, I was able to run TT.. it was a problem with PEAR DB I was not properly installed.... But now when y try to change the password trough dbinstall.php the following error appear: connect extension not founddone. I suppose it can not stablish a conecction with the database... but I dont know how to solve this problem...

I'll aprreciate your help...