Stuck in uncompleted entry loop

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
chp

Stuck in uncompleted entry loop

Post by chp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm

I just logged into my Anuko account to add a time entry. When I submit it, I am warned that there is an uncompleted entry that needs to be completed or deleted. But when I go to the link for that entry, I get an "access denied" message and can't complete or delete the entry. The last time I had logged in I had completed that entry and I can see it in the calendar.

I can no longer enter time records. What's going on and more importantly, how can I get out of this loop?

wrc

Re: Stuck in uncompleted entry loop

Post by wrc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Hello,

Invoiced entries are locked. If an entry is invoiced, removed it from an invoice first, then you should be able to modify it.

chp

Post by chp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:49 pm

I haven't invoiced since 4th quarter 2018 and have added entries since then with no trouble. Thus the entry that is the problem should not be in an invoice and locked. Trouble is I have no idea what entry it is because I can't access it. I'd have to go through old invoices and remove entries one at a time. But I don't want to touch invoices that have been sent (and I have no un-sent invoices).

I was able to generate a new entry for a different client, submit it, then edit it to the actual client. But I still can't submit an invoice to the actual client without the error.

Nik

Post by Nik » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:16 am

We allow entries with 0 durations on invoices, because at some point someone asked for this (I don't remember full details now).

As a side effect of this, apparently, uncompleted entries can also be included in invoices, which seems like a bug. I don't know if we can fix it nicely without breaking an ability to include entries with 0 cost as per above.

It looks like one of your invoices may include such record.

You can find it on reports. For example, do a report for the entire year and look for an entry with 0:00 duration. Output the invoice column too, to see an associated invoice.

Notice a client the invoiced entry is included for.

To remove an uncompleted entry from an invoice:

Run a report for a problematic period with:

- Selected client.
- Checked invoice column.

This should display checkboxes on report to the right of invoice column, with some buttons underneath that allow you to remove records from an invoice.

- Mark the record to remove (one checkbox only).
- Buttons below select as the following: Assign to invoice: --- select --- --- select invoice ---

Click Submit to the right of the buttons. This should remove one entry from one invoice.

Assuming the above is done properly, the entry is now unblocked and can be deleted.

Below is a picture illustrating this approach.
Attachments
remloving_uncompleted_entry_from_invoice.png
remloving_uncompleted_entry_from_invoice.png (75.39 KiB) Viewed 356 times

admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Well, there is this comment in ttInvoiceHelper::createInvoice function:

Code: Select all

// Users with a lot of clients and projects (Jaro) may forget to set user rates properly.
// Specifically, user rate may be set to 0 on a project, by mistake. This leads to error.no_invoiceable_items
// and increased support cost. Commenting out allows us to include 0 cost items in invoices so that
// the problem becomes obvious.
So, it's not about zero duration but zero cost instead. I fixed it by requiring l.duration > 0 additionally, which should exclude uncompleted records from getting into new invoices.