Time Tracker UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
admin

Time Tracker UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Post by admin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:13 pm

From the readme.txt that comes with the distribution:

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FROM EARLIER VERSIONS
- Read this first.
- Backup database and the code on the site in case something goes wrong and you need to rollback.
- Deploy new distribution code.
- Change $dsn value in /WEB-INF/config.php file to reflect your database connection parameters (user name and password).
- For UNIX systems set up full access rights for catalog WEB-INF/templates_c/ (chmod 777 templates_c).
- Launch http://your_time_tracker_site/dbinstall.php utility. Execute UPDATE operations that apply to your version. Remove /dbinstall.php after use.
- Check whether your site is still working with old passwords, rollback if necessary.

GSerg

Re: Anuko Time Tracker UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Post by GSerg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 pm

I have a very old version. It is currently on database version v0.6. I want to update to the latest version.

I am looking at the dbinstall.php page and I see all of the steps to get to the newest version but there seems to be one step missing. There is a button to go from v0.6 to v0.7 but the next step is from v0.8 to v0.9. I don't see how to get from v0.7 to v0.8.

Please help.

Thank you Greg

admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 am

Greg,

It seems to me that dbinstall.php contained a bug. The line

"Update database structure (v0.8 to v0.9)"

should read

"Update database structure (v0.7 to v0.9)"

This is addressed in Time Tracker version 1.4.22.1594. I think no steps are missing.

Hope it helps.

GSerg

Post by GSerg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Ok, thank you so much. I will proceed with my upgrade.

Thanks again
Greg

janezek

Post by janezek » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi,

i am doing am update from an old database (v1.2.46) to the current one (v1.4.85), i went twice thrue all the steps but after i am finish i can login to anuko, users are present but there arent any project,
am i missing something?

Best Regards,
Kristijan Lecnik

tkie

Post by tkie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Did you try using the "Update team_id in projects, tasks, and clients tables" - the last option in dbinstall.php as well?

Back your database before doing any updates...

palito

Re: Time Tracker UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Post by palito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi, I have a problem with Update database structure (v1.4.85 to v1.5.79). The script is not ending even after 1 hour and I don't know if everything went ok. I was originaly upgrading from database v1.2.12.487.

Thank you.
Pavol

wrc

Post by wrc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

palito wrote:Hi, I have a problem with Update database structure (v1.4.85 to v1.5.79). The script is not ending even after 1 hour and I don't know if everything went ok.
In case of a successful update your database structure should match what is in mysql.sql file. You can use mysql console and compare what you have with what it should be.

If you notice a difference it should be easy to determine which update step did not complete. The update script from v1.4.85 to v1.5.79 is in dbinstall.php, currently between the lines 372 and 475. All the lines are single mysql commands that perform small operations like modify a column, drop or create an index, rename a table and so on. You can execute these commands manually in mysql console.

Now, depending on your database size of course, some steps may take significant time. For example, if your tt_log table is large (the table that keeps time entries), then creating indexes on this table (last steps in the upgrade procedure) may be slow.

So, I suggest troubleshooting step by step to see what may be wrong.

rkv

Post by rkv » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 am

Hi,

I just upgraded my TT from v. 1.2.12.486 to 1.5.93.2509 and (most of) the pages seems to be working well. However, the translations are not working in all areas. I use the swedish language and a partly translated copy of it (to finnish) as the main languages, and some of the menu items and buttons use the translated variables, but some are still in english, on the same form page.
Where are the translations taken from? The previous versions of WEB_INF/resources/xx.lang.php files seemed to work. I noticed that the variable names have changed a bit, so I did not use a copy of the old lang file.

wrc

Post by wrc » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm

rkv wrote:Where are the translations taken from?
Translations come from the files in WEB-INF/resources. For Swedish it is in sv.lang.php (which is now obsolete). You'll need to make a copy of en.lang.php, translate it fully to Swedish, and submit your contribution to Time Tracker for others to use.

rkv

Post by rkv » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks for the info.
I copied the en.lang.php into fi.lang.php and browsed through it translating the text. Seems to work, although some minor misunderstandings are certain to be found. The swedish translation not so urgent at least for me, I can live without it for a while...

Should I submit the fi.lang.php for evaluation? How?

admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

rkv wrote:Should I submit the fi.lang.php for evaluation? How?
You can post your translation to the forum, or send it to support via the website.

anthonyatech

Post by anthonyatech » Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello, and thanks ahead of time. I am currently using Anuko Time Tracker version v1.4.18.1587, which is stated on the bottom of the site. I have it hosted on my gentoo server, and it has been working great for a very long time. I am having some trouble with the dbinstall.php processing as it is showing a lot of errors in regards to tables not being there. I am hoping someone can help me resolve this so I can move to the newest version while preserving my data.

admin

Post by admin » Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm

anthonyatech wrote:I am having some trouble with the dbinstall.php processing as it is showing a lot of errors in regards to tables not being there. I am hoping someone can help me resolve this so I can move to the newest version while preserving my data.
Backup things just in case.

If you see errors during the "Update database structure (v1.3.40 to v1.4.85)" then it is normal as you are updating from 1.4.18 and not from 1.3.40. It means that some steps in the update script do not apply to your version as you have a partially updated database structure already.

However, the following steps should execute without errors: Update database structure (v1.4.85 to v1.5.79) and Update database structure (v1.5.79 to v1.5.97).

anthonyatech

Post by anthonyatech » Wed May 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Hah, funny enough, now it worked and I did those exact same steps before... anyway I noticed that in the reports section, the "cost" is missing. Is there any way to get that back?