Time Tracker install in HOSTING ENVIRONMENTS

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
admin

Time Tracker install in HOSTING ENVIRONMENTS

Post by admin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 am

This is a thread, which is specially created to share information on how to install Time Tracker in various hosting environments.

For starters, here is a quick install guide for Linux-based systems, which is taken from Time Tracker Installation Guide. Depending on your hosting provider, your procedure may be different and require additional or different steps. Please feel free to post here any additional details specific to your hosting provider.

QUICK INSTALL GUIDE FOR LINUX

* Check Prerequisites, whether you have the following installed, configured, and working properly:

1. Apache web server
2. PHP4 or PHP5 (GD with Freetype fonts support included, mbstring included)
3. PEAR DB class
4. MySQL server

* Download Time Tracker Distribution

$ wget http://www.anuko.com/downloads/time_tra ... racker.zip

* Unpack distribution files into a selected directory for Apache web server. If you have a previous deployment of time tracker - backup it, remove it and then deploy the new code.

$ cd /path/to/DocumentRoot/
$ unzip anuko_time_tracker.zip
$ cd timetracker

* Set world write file access permissions for directory WEB-INF/templates_c/

$ chmod 777 WEB-INF/templates_c

* Create MySQL database and MySQL user. Grant SQL permissions.

$ mysql -h localhost -u root -p

mysql> CREATE DATABASE timetracker;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON timetracker.* TO 'ttuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword';

* Copy and modify config file

$ cd WEB-INF
$ cp config.php.dist config.php

* Change $dsn value to reflect your database connection parameters (user name and password):

define("DSN",'mysql://ttuser:yourpassword@localhost/timetracker');

* If you install the time tracker into a sub-directory of your site, make sure this is reflected in the APP_NAME parameter in WEB-INF/config.php. For example, for http://localhost/timetracker/ set

define("APP_NAME",'timetracker');

* Install or update MySQL schema and initial data:

http://localhost/timetracker/dbinstall.php

* Remove or disable install script:

$ cd ../..
$ chmod 000 dbinstall.php

* Login to your time tracker site as admin with the password "secret" (without quotes) and change admin password.

http://localhost/timetracker

Click Options menu item.

ccvvccc

Re: Time Tracker install in HOSTING ENVIRONMENTS

Post by ccvvccc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 pm

I would like to thank you very much for this support service. I would like to install time tracker on my Hostgator hosting. Is taht possible? I tired something. But It always gives me database error .
This is the error.

Warning: require_once(WEB-INF/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yetquin/public_html/init_auth.php on line 41

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'WEB-INF/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yetquin/public_html/init_auth.php on line 41

I created database, user and gave all privileges to user.
I changed this line on config

define("DSN",'mysql://yetquin_user:ccvvcc@localhost/yetquin_db');

but still error. Please help me about it. Thanks in advance..

tkie

Post by tkie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Looks like config.php file is missing.

Make sure to copy WEB-INF/config.php.dist to WEB-INF/config.php - this is your configuration file that is required for Time Tracker operations.

ccvvccc

Post by ccvvccc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes, Thank you very much, I changed the name of file config.php.dist to config.php and I did all other steps. I set it up to my hosting and It works fine.. Thank you for your interest. But maybe you should write this process in to Installation Document.

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

ccvvccc wrote:Yes, Thank you very much, I changed the name of file config.php.dist to config.php and I did all other steps. I set it up to my hosting and It works fine.. Thank you for your interest. But maybe you should write this process in to Installation Document.
This step is already documented in this portion:

* Copy and modify config file

$ cd WEB-INF
$ cp config.php.dist config.php

patdub

Post by patdub » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello,

I want to install timetracker on a web site. The mysql database is located at the following address http://sql.free.fr.

DO I have to modify config.php this way

define('DSN', 'mysql://login:password@sql.free.fr/databasename');

Thanks for your help.

wrc

Post by wrc » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 pm

patdub wrote: DO I have to modify config.php this way

define('DSN', 'mysql://login:password@sql.free.fr/databasename');
Time Tracker uses PEAR MDB2, which calls its parseDSN function to parse the DSN value you define. According to comments in this function:

Code: Select all

* Most variations are allowed:
     *  phptype://username:password@protocol+hostspec:110//usr/db_file.db?mode=0644
     *  phptype://username:password@hostspec/database_name
     *  phptype://username:password@hostspec
     *  phptype://username@hostspec
     *  phptype://hostspec/database
     *  phptype://hostspec
     *  phptype(dbsyntax)
Assuming your MySQL host is accepting a remote connection on the default port, your syntax example should work.

patdub

Post by patdub » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello,

I have installed Timetracker on a host server and it runs well but I have the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'un' (T_STRING) in /homez.60/powerlog/www/timetracker/WEB-INF/lib/I18n.class.php(114) : eval()'d code on line 3

I have selected PHP 5.4 on the server.

Any idea.

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulation for this very good software.

wrc

Post by wrc » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:58 pm

patdub wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'un' (T_STRING) in /homez.60/powerlog/www/timetracker/WEB-INF/lib/I18n.class.php(114) : eval()'d code on line 3
Please post an exact message from your web server error log and also the corresponding section of the problematic file that includes the line where the error occurs.

patdub

Post by patdub » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 pm

I didn't find anything into the server log.
The error message posted in my previous post is an exact copy/paste of the message I have at the top of the web page send by the server. The error message exists for all pages but disappear when I change the language from French to English. May be in the French message, there is a " ' " or something like this.

Thanks.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:12 pm

patdub wrote:The error message exists for all pages but disappear when I change the language from French to English. May be in the French message, there is a " ' " or something like this.
Try using the latest version of Time Tracker (1.5.110.2687 as of now). I have adjusted the form.reset_password.email_body string #284 in the French file WEB-INF/resources/fr.lang.php that should fix this issue hopefully.

By the way, this string needs an improved French translation, as well as some others.

patdub

Post by patdub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm

No more error with the new fr.lang.php.

Very nice, thanks.

data

Post by data » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Hello,
I'm going crazy to install timetracker on my domain .
The procedure is correct , in fact locally using Wamp , works fine . Tried everything possible that is why my server is a MariaDB ?
In practice, after the elimination of dbinstall.php and I go in the access I get only a blank page. I also noticed that in the folder template_c not cfreano files , locally creating perfectly .
What can I try?
Thank you

peter

Post by peter » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:36 pm

data wrote:Hello,
I'm going crazy to install timetracker on my domain .
The procedure is correct , in fact locally using Wamp , works fine . Tried everything possible that is why my server is a MariaDB ?
In practice, after the elimination of dbinstall.php and I go in the access I get only a blank page. I also noticed that in the folder template_c not cfreano files , locally creating perfectly .
What can I try?
Thank you
MariaDB should be just fine. Check permissions on the WEB-INF/template_c folder - should be 777 (write access allowed to anyone). If this does not help, what exactly does the web server error log say when you try to access the page?

data

Post by data » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks but I have not yet solved .
I activated template_c folder permissions . Again in the local installation works .
Not good at deciphering errors Log . But it looks like you are .

Code: Select all

[Thu Nov 12 10:26:56.271985 2015] [fcgid:warn] [pid 44857:tid 139836442654464] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:58330] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wu0t50/domains/mysite.it/public_html/timetracker/WEB-INF/config.php:1) in /home/wu0t50/domains/mysite.it/public_html/timetracker/initialize.php on line 80, referer: http://www.mysite.it/timetracker/
[Thu Nov 12 10:26:56.272071 2015] [fcgid:warn] [pid 44857:tid 139836442654464] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:58330] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wu0t50/domains/mysite.it/public_html/timetracker/WEB-INF/config.php:1) in /home/wu0t50/domains/mysite.it/public_html/timetracker/WEB-INF/lib/common.lib.php on line 347, referer: http://www.mysite.it/timetracker/
[Thu Nov 12 10:33:07.308909 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 36560:tid 139836950816704] AH01909: www.mysite.it:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Thu Nov 12 10:39:06.280639 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 36560:tid 139836950816704] AH01909: www.mysite.it:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Thu Nov 12 11:02:08.299425 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 36560:tid 139836950816704] AH01909: www.mysite.it:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name