User logged out in less than two hours

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker

User logged out in less than two hours

Postby bphillips » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 pm

I have my PHPSESSID_TTL in config.php set to 172800 (48 hours) but users are logged out in less than 2 hours. They can hit the "now" button near start then two hours later if they hit the "now" button for stop the time is entered in the text box but once submit is hit they are directed back to the login screen and the time is not recorded.
bphillips

Re: User logged out in less than two hours

Postby peter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:28 pm

bphillips wrote:I have my PHPSESSID_TTL in config.php set to 172800 (48 hours) but users are logged out in less than 2 hours. They can hit the "now" button near start then two hours later if they hit the "now" button for stop the time is entered in the text box but once submit is hit they are directed back to the login screen and the time is not recorded.

Hitting the "Now" does not update the TTL (time to live) on the server, it is only a JavaScript that populates the field in browser on the client side. You'll need to hit Now and submit an uncompleted record, or do anything else that involves a request to the server and, as a result, updates session TTL. In other words, if you have a browser open for a long time and just click the Now buttons - nothing is transmitted to the server and user may be logged out eventually.
peter

Postby bphillips » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Hitting the "now" button next to start and then submit doesn't work for my application because the system won't allow submit to be hit to clock out with nothing in the start field. So, they can submit a start only time but not a stop only time.

The user is logging on to the site and still being logged out within two hours. In other words, I can login at 8:00am, hit the "now" button to start my time and by 10:00am the user is logged out. When they log back in the start time is gone.
bphillips

Postby wrc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 pm

bphillips wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Hitting the "now" button next to start and then submit doesn't work for my application because the system won't allow submit to be hit to clock out with nothing in the start field. So, they can submit a start only time but not a stop only time.

This is how the feature is designed. You can create / and store on server, an uncompleted record with only start time defined. When it is created, you can either edit this record and provide the end time (by using the Edit link), or "Stop" it with one click on the Stop button, see attachment.

Notice that to create an uncompleted record, you provide the START time (not the END time), then click SUBMIT and not the other way around (by providing the END time and clicking SUBMIT - as this is not supposed to happen).

I just tried closing the record after more than 2 hours of inactivity on https://timetracker.anuko.com - and it worked for me.

If things do not work for you I suggest reproducing the problem on our server and providing us with steps to see it. Or open a support incident if the problem is local to your server and for some reason PHPSESSID_TTL is not working as designed.

Hope it helps.
Attachments
uncompleted_record.png
uncompleted_record.png (86.29 KiB) Viewed 215 times
wrc

Postby bphillips » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:49 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will dig further into my server to see if that is the issue as well as try to replicate on your server.
bphillips

Return to Time Tracker