Install Help - Hostmonster.com

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker

Install Help - Hostmonster.com

Postby gbennett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:45 am

I've installed numerous PHP scripts on my website before, but this one is throwing me for a loop. Please help.

1. I downloaded the PDF version of TT, copied the .ZIP file to my web directory, and extracted it.
2. My WEB-INF/templates_c directory permissions are set to 0777
3. I created a MySQL database, "midsouu4_timetracker" (hostmonster automatically adds the "midsouu4_" prefix to both the database and username)
4. I created a user assigned to that database, "midsouu4_time", and gave it all permissions.
5. I modified the DSN as follows: define('DSN', 'mysqli://midsouu4_time:msjtimeclock@localhost/midsouu4_timetracker?charset=utf8');

This is where I'm stuck. When I try to populate the database using dbinstall.php (I assume by just opening it in a web browser?) I get:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

The server versions are:
Apache 2.2.31
MySQL 5.6.32
PHP 5.4.24
PEAR 1.10.1

EDIT: I found another help topic on this forum on how to create an "environment_check.php" file (here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=902&p=4381&hilit=database#p4382). But, when I create that file and try to run it, I get the same error!

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

That would make me think this could have something to do with my server's handling of PHP, except that all the other PHP scripts on the site are working fine.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
gbennett

Re: Install Help - Hostmonster.com

Postby gbennett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 pm

I was able to get this issue resolved through HostMonster's tech support chat. They said the problem was with the folder and file permissions. I had the templates_c folder permissions set to 777, but apparently other permissions were not correct after unpacking the .ZIP. I wish I had more details on what they did, but maybe that will help someone in the future.
gbennett

Re: Install Help - Hostmonster.com

Postby wrc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 am

The account your web server is running under must be able to read files in the installation directory and all sub-directories and, for templates to work, to be able to write into WEB-INF/templates_c/.
wrc

Return to Time Tracker