Windows10: Taskbar clock replacement is not supported

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Windows10: Taskbar clock replacement is not supported

Postby anaumov » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:24 am

Hi,
I receive the message "Taskbar clock replacement is not supported in the version of Windows" every time when run World Clock on Win10.
Could you advise how it may be fixed?

/A
anaumov

Re: Windows10: Taskbar clock replacement is not supported

Postby Nik » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 pm

anaumov wrote:Hi,
I receive the message "Taskbar clock replacement is not supported in the version of Windows" every time when run World Clock on Win10.
Could you advise how it may be fixed?

/A

Microsoft removed the means to replace the taskbar clock properly in Win 10 since before their Anniversary Update. The warning shows up because you have at least one clock configured to run "in taskbar". To remove the warning, open Preferences and make sure that all clocks are configured to run "on desktop" as opposed to "in taskbar" - the operating system no longer supports "in taskbar" operation of World Clock, unfortunately.
Nik

Postby mbe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:20 pm

I do have WC version 5 (build 5.6.2.3540) running on Windows 10 Anniversary (1607), albeit without transparency. So MS hasn't entirely removed the option to replace the taskbar clock...
mbe

Postby bdc1958 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Sadly, this means that I will discontinue use as downgrading the OS is not an option...AND...clocks in the taskbar was the only reason that I purchased Anuko.

Having been forced to upgrade by our IT department just yesterday. As a manager of a global team, I only today realized how often I was checking times around the world with a quick glance to the taskbar.
bdc1958

Return to World Clock