Clients + Projects

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker

Clients + Projects

Postby CEE » Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 am

Hello,

I was just wondering if this is a feature that I am not finding a way to turn on, or if it does not exist. If it does not exist I was wondering if anyone had done this already - so that I wouldn't need to re-invent the wheel.

Is it possible to
a) Associate a client with a project, (so the client dropdown would not need to be selected in time.php, but automatically logged in the time entry).
OR
b) Populate the client list after a project is selected (exactly like the project list is populated after a client is selected). Perhaps we could add an auto select here too, if only one result is returned.

The objective:
Require the user to enter one less field upon logging a time value.

Looking forward to hearing from the community, loving this time logger so far!
CEE

Re: Clients + Projects

Postby wrc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Association of a client with projects is already possible on the client edit page. However, it's not one to one, several clients may be associated with the same project, so what you want is probably not possible without changing the nature of this relationship.
wrc

Postby CEE » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks! I got that going.

I guess now my question would be if auto-selection has been done before on all fields.

For example, the task field automatically selects a task if only one task is associated with the project. Would it be possible to do this with the project / client relationship as well?
Perhaps making it backwards compatible as well? To clarify:
If a client is selected, and only has one project associated with it, auto-select the project. If a project is selected, and only has one client associated with it, auto-select the client.
CEE

Postby dalescott » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 am

+1 Will this new code be merged back into core? I'm a project newb. What are the rules for new features? Would something like this be considered for merging?

Great project! I used TimeTracker for a recent hardware engineering manager contract job, and a colleague is using it now for a contract videography job.

Dale
dalescott

Return to Time Tracker