Desktop clocks do not stay in place

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock

Desktop clocks do not stay in place

Postby rblazo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:57 am

Im having a problem with the clocks on my desktop staying put after resuming from sleep. I have to import my config file everytime I resume from sleep to get my clocks lined up properly. Just checked for updates and Im using the latest version: 5.8.0.4530. Any ideas?
rblazo

Re: Desktop clocks do not stay in place

Postby Nik » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm

What is your operating system? Can you post a screenshot of how clocks look before and after resuming from sleep?

Also, try this: after resuming from sleep and importing settings, exit World Clock program by right-clicking - Exit). Then start it again from Start - All Programs - Anuko World Clock. What happens? Are desktop clocks positioned properly?
Nik

Postby rblazo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Im running W8 Pro and Ive tried the step you mentioned. If I import the config file prior to exiting Anuko restarts with the clocks in their correct positions, its only when I put the PC to sleep and upon reawake it positions the clocks with overlaps. A new import of the config file is needed to reposition them correctly. Ive provided screenshots with the first being the clocks positioned properly and the 2nd has the clocks out of place after resuming from sleep:
... image removed ...
... image removed ...
rblazo

Postby Nik » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:06 pm

What happens after a reboot? Do you see some clocks displaced as well?
Nik

Postby rblazo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am

If I do a reboot with the clocks displaced they reappear displaced, if they are aligned prior to a reboot they appear aligned. The only time they become displaced is upon resuming from sleep
rblazo

Postby admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Can you share your backup file to see if we can reproduce this problem? You can send it to the email on the contact form on our website.
admin

Postby rblazo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Im sorry, I made an error on stating which OS I was using.
I have 2 pcs both with AWC(latest versions) installed. My intent was to run AWC on my desktop W8 Pro which I use with Thinkorswim trading platform as well as Windowblinds, but for some reason 1 of the 3 programs is incompatible with another causing my main taskbar to freeze. I tried various trouble shooting steps to solve this to no avail, so I decided to install AWC onto my laptop which runs W7 Pro. This is is the PC with the problem we are discussing. I will send you the backup file for it.

Since Im always running the trading platform on the W8 desktop, AWC is rendered useless for me as it freezes my taskbar with a program like Windowblinds running, so I have not witnessed any clock displacement on that PC. I have no problems as such when I unload Windowblinds. I'd discontinue using Windowblinds altogether if the options in W8 Personalization weren't so sparse, but thats another issue for that machine I need to address when hopefully a solution is found for the 3 programs to run togethor.
rblazo

Postby admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:14 pm

rblazo wrote:My intent was to run AWC on my desktop W8 Pro which I use with Thinkorswim trading platform as well as Windowblinds, but for some reason 1 of the 3 programs is incompatible with another causing my main taskbar to freeze.

World Clock will not work with WindowBlinds installed. See compatibility notes.
admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 am

Followup:

I do not see any problems with your config file after resuming from sleep on Windows 7 (32 bit). Here are screenshots before going to sleep and after awakening the system. As you can see, clocks keep their respective positions.

before_sleep.png
Before going to sleep
before_sleep.png (11.15 KiB) Viewed 7788 times

after_sleep.png
After resuming from sleep
after_sleep.png (10.81 KiB) Viewed 7788 times

Clocks positions are stored in user configuration file. You may be interested in recording what you have there before the problem occurs and after you see it.

I think something else may be interfering here such as a virus, or other malware that may be messing around with World Clock ini files, and perhaps with the binaries as well. I don't see any other logical explanation to the described behavior.

Please check your system and make sure it is malware free.
admin

Postby rblazo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 am

Ran several scans to be sure on all machines with "no" malware or other malicious problems. The config file run fine on my windows 8 pc but the W7 still moves them around from wake.
rblazo

Postby rblazo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:53 am

Dont know if this makes a difference, but I use Anuko on an external monitor off my laptop. this is the pc with the issue
rblazo

Postby admin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Anybody else seeing this problem? Of some desktop clocks not preserving their desktop position after a wake and only on a Windows 7 external monitor?

If so, please record dsk_pos_x and dsk_pos_y values in %APPDATA%\Anuko\World Clock\world_clock.ini file before and after a wake.
admin

Postby delilah24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12 am

No problem here at windows 10. Please upgrade.
delilah24

Return to World Clock