Possible to enter time on a weekly basis?

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
dalescott

Re: Possible to enter time on a weekly basis?

Post by dalescott » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Fantastic! I really like the configurable plugin! I also really appreciate the explanation links in the configuration screen. :D :D

Have you thought about showing the Notes popup when hovering over the time box? The hover change (from Notes box to Time box) would only be needed when (daily) Notes is NOT selected in the popup configuration. When reviewing the work entered for a week, the popup would avoid having to scroll down to the Week List to see what work was done for a particular time entry. IMHO this is the only missing feature now in Week View.

Cheers, and thank you very much for your effort,
Dale

dalescott

Post by dalescott » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Nik wrote,
Unfortunately, this introduces an additional level of complexity, so bugs are very likely.
I found when (daily) Notes is enabled and new time entered in Week View, the content of the Week Note is not used (presumably because the Week Notes content is used). In this case, showing the Week Notes box will be confusing for users because they will not know from the UI where notes should be entered.

Also, Week Note content _is_ used when (daily) Notes is disabled, which may be confusing due to the interaction of configuration settings.

What if "Week note" and "Notes" were mutually exclusive with a single "Week note" enable/disable configuration. If (daily) Notes is enabled, Week Note is hidden, and if (daily) Notes is disabled, then Week Note is shown. What do you think?

Cheers,
Dale

Nik

Post by Nik » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 pm

dalescott wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 pm
Finally, this is the third time I've tried to submit a comment but I keep forgetting to login first (or it could be my login session has timed out) and I lose everything I've typed after logging in. Is there any way to _not_ lose my work in progress? Would an update to phpBB help? I don't see the current version, but it seems possibly from 3.0.x from the 2007 copyright, and 3.1.x brought some significant changes in technology and behavior...
I upgraded the forum (to the current latest 3.2.2). It is now responsive and should work better on small screens. I am not sure if it addresses the issue, though, but you may want to give it a try. Apparently, we lost former customizations of this board after upgrade. Recovery work will be ongoing to hopefully fix the issues, such as now missing registration Q/A module.

davidxwolfe

Post by davidxwolfe » Thu May 03, 2018 6:16 pm

I must be missing something. On 1/29/18, I received an email informing me of a number of feature updates,specifically "week view". I took a look and it was great. Then it disappeared never to return. I just joined the forum and found a long thread discussing details and virtues. I still don't have a way to access it. I'm running "Anuko Time Tracker 1.17.89.4270". is that the problem and, if so, what's to be done?

dalescott

Post by dalescott » Thu May 03, 2018 7:47 pm

There was a period where weekview was in the base functionality before moving to being a plugin. Is it possible you don't have the plug-in enabled?

davidxwolfe

Post by davidxwolfe » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Sounds about right.

Thanks

.dw