Pause feature

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
ttuser

Pause feature

Post by ttuser » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:43 am

Could you add a pause feature to time tracker? Also is it possible to link from phones.

What I mean is a pause timer there is only stop and start and have to refill in fields. I am an IT and computer repair tech I need to do things fast and in a hurry. Also can I install this on windows 10 or on a site say like Dreamhost.com

Nik

Re: Pause feature

Post by Nik » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:47 am

Windows 10 and hosting sites should not be a problem, as well as mobile access.

We are actually working on a mobile timer page that will hopefully accomplish what you need. Something simple, with Start and Stop buttons and a timer and maybe some stats (day, week, month).

Feel free to suggest other ideas.

Nik

Post by Nik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:59 am

I checked in an initial implementation of a mobile timer page in version 1.9.16.3418.

To keep things simple, it's a page with one button - either Start or Stop, depending on whether an uncompleted record is in progress.

There are some controls that allow to select Project, Task, Client, and custom field, if applicable.

You can access the page in as /mobile/timer.php in Time Tracker installation. For example, on our hosted system it is at https://timetracker.anuko.com/mobile/timer.php

Hope it helps.
Attachments
mobile_timer_page_mockup.png
Time page mockup - in Projects tracking mode
mobile_timer_page_mockup.png (26.88 KiB) Viewed 2332 times

Semper

Post by Semper » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Hello.

I see that I can reach the "mobile/timer.php" page in my Smartphone if I manually write it in the browser's address bar, but I seems there is no link in the Menu to reach that "mobile/timer.php".

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here?

Nik

Post by Nik » Wed May 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Semper wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm
Hello.

I see that I can reach the "mobile/timer.php" page in my Smartphone if I manually write it in the browser's address bar, but I seems there is no link in the Menu to reach that "mobile/timer.php".

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here?
The menu is not there because of space limitations. Design needs to be changed to accommodate more menus, including Logout for mobiles. This is something to be done, eventually.

Consider getting a customization quote for this work to occur sooner, rather than later, or submit a code change for integration yourself.

Semper

Post by Semper » Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Nik wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:16 pm
Consider getting a customization quote for this work to occur sooner, rather than later, or submit a code change for integration yourself.
I take good not that that option is available. I am currently evaluating TimeTracker to be used in a strictly Punch IN/OUT setting, and so far it looks really fitting.