Reactivate Manager Role

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
peters@iodp.tamu.edu

Reactivate Manager Role

Post by peters@iodp.tamu.edu » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 pm

I am "co-manager" of my team on the free web app. Our manager retired and I was trying to minimize the number of users, as the free app only allows 5 users per group. I was unaware of the Swap_Roles option and instead I deactivated the manager account (don't know why it let a co-manager deactivate the manager). Now I don't have the privileges to reactivate the deactivated manager account. Help? We don't have an administrator role that I am aware of.

admin

Re: Reactivate Manager Role

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm

peters@iodp.tamu.edu wrote:I deactivated the manager account (don't know why it let a co-manager deactivate the manager). Now I don't have the privileges to reactivate the deactivated manager account. Help? We don't have an administrator role that I am aware of.
When did it happen? I don't see how a co-manager can deactivate a manager with current code unless I am missing something.

admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:38 pm

I re-activated old manager (based on provided info). If someone still has access to this account then login and use the Swap roles feature for proper succession / abandonment of role.

However, I would like to know if we have a bug and what are exact steps to reproduce, unless it was fixed long ago.

peters@iodp.tamu.edu

Post by peters@iodp.tamu.edu » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Thank you! I was able to swap roles with the re-activated Top Manager. I de-activated the manager role a couple of years ago and haven't needed to make any changes since then. Now I am reorganizing my teams and found I didn't have the privileges as Co-Manager to do everything I wanted to do to set up the new team.