ET+7hrs

Discussion forum about Anuko World Clock
lexluthor

ET+7hrs

Post by lexluthor » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:02 am

Hey there, I use trading platforms MT4 & MT5. They use the timezone close to CET - but the US/ET DST.

The recommended approach is to use New York + 7 hours to ensure daylight savings are correctly adjusted. Is there a way to create a clock with that setting?

Help me out and I will resubscribe!

Thanks, Luthor

wrc

Re: ET+7hrs

Post by wrc » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm

lexluthor wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:02 am
Hey there, I use trading platforms MT4 & MT5. They use the timezone close to CET - but the US/ET DST.

The recommended approach is to use New York + 7 hours to ensure daylight savings are correctly adjusted. Is there a way to create a clock with that setting?

Help me out and I will resubscribe!

Thanks, Luthor
If a real location on Earth with such timezone and DST exists, use it. I guess not, and this is an artificial arrangement. If so, you can create an "artificial" location by modifying the timezone.txt and cities.txt files. You'll need a new timezone (probably borrowed from New York one, with a different offset from UTC, and a new artificial "city" that utilizes it, so that you can select it for a clock. This will create an update problem though, as each World Clock update replaces timezone.txt and cities.txt files with new ones (which is the most frequent need for updates in the first place). You can disable updates, or adjust the files manually after each update. Cumbersome but doable.