Print CSS

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
bkjproductions

Print CSS

Post by bkjproductions » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 pm

I am wondering if there is any interest in making a print.css stylesheet so that when you print a report, it doesn't include the navigational elements and so forth, just the basic facts? I did this on an older version of Time Tracker and am currently faced with updating my latest install with those old changes. I was able to generate a nice sheet that employees could print out and sign.

For example, since the "Main Menu" items (Time | Reports | Charts.. | Export) is not needed on printout, and the links for those are classed with "mainMenu", then we could put a rule for print.css such as

Code: Select all

.mainMenu {display: none;}
However, it would be great if we could get rid of the old HTML-format inline styling, such as bgcolor="#d9d9d9" and give each of the tables a unique ID, such as #mainMenu for the main menu, #systemMenu for the black-bar items (Logout | Profile ... | Help) --- this currently has a class on the TD, but ideally the TABLE would have an ID, so it could be controlled better. Then we could simply say

Code: Select all

#mainMenu, #systemMenu {display: none;} 
and it would be far easier. If they were further classed with something like "screen-interface" then that might be even better; no need to print any .screen-interface elements.

I think these ID's could be added without disrupting any of the other HTML or styling of Time Tracker.

That being said, how would I submit my suggested changes for review by Anuko?
--Brian

wrc

Re: Print CSS

Post by wrc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm

How do you suggest changing the css? How exactly does one switch from "print view" to "normal view"? Is css defined per site, per group, or per role? Do you want to support custom custom uploads for css, so that a group can have it's own css and change it whenever they want?

Nik

Re: Print CSS

Post by Nik » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:45 pm

bkjproductions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 pm
how would I submit my suggested changes for review by Anuko?
--Brian
You can do a pull request for the project in GitHub or post your diff here. Best way is to keep changes small in scope per request to reduce risk of breaking things. You can also use the contact form on Anuko website to send a private message (such as a security fix, etc.).