Session Issue Time Tracker

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
prx

Session Issue Time Tracker

Post by prx » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I don't know if other users of this great application have this similar issue but when multiple people log on with their accounts at the same time, it seems that their sessions become mixed up with one another. Users can see other users time reports and input hours.

It seems that something is not right with the session.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

PrX

wrc

Re: Session Issue Time Tracker

Post by wrc » Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 pm

"On behalf" feature is in Time Tracker by design. Depending on user role and role access rights assignments, users having the "track_time" (not just "track_own_time") right, can track time on behalf of lower rank roles.

With reports, it is about "view_reports" and "view_all_reports" rights.

See https://www.anuko.com/time_tracker/user_guide/roles.htm for details.

But in case there is a session bug please provide complete details on how exactly to reproduce the problem. Make sure that user's role and role rights are set properly.

prx

Post by prx » Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi,

We have correctly setup roles in Time Tracker with standard roles. There are only managers and employees (basic rights, enter time for your projects and run reports).

The following happens.

I am on my computer as a manager and log in to check / write time for myself. At the same time one of our employees is also logging in and wants to write time. what happens now, is that the employee somehow takes over my session and my profile is visible to him, as he is me. This is not something we want to have.
wrc wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 pm
"On behalf" feature is in Time Tracker by design. Depending on user role and role access rights assignments, users having the "track_time" (not just "track_own_time") right, can track time on behalf of lower rank roles.

With reports, it is about "view_reports" and "view_all_reports" rights.

See https://www.anuko.com/time_tracker/user_guide/roles.htm for details.

But in case there is a session bug please provide complete details on how exactly to reproduce the problem. Make sure that user's role and role rights are set properly.

admin

Post by admin » Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Can you reproduce this issue at https://timetracker.anuko.com to eliminate problems arising from locally modified code, and also to make sure we can see it?

Also, how exactly does your employee login? Do you both share the same browser (and its session) somehow? What happens when they try to login from a separate computer?

prx

Post by prx » Mon May 13, 2019 7:43 am

We do not share same browser. we're not even on the same computer, that's the weirdest part of this issue. The only thing is that the both users are logging in at the same time.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 pm

prx wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:43 am
We do not share same browser. we're not even on the same computer, that's the weirdest part of this issue. The only thing is that the both users are logging in at the same time.
In order to troubleshoot this we need to know if the problem is with your environment or with Time Tracker code. The best way to resolve this is to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment with a known TT version and unmodified code in any way, ideally on https://timetracker.anuko.com - if we see the issue there, then we can try to isolate it further. If the issue is reliably reproducible, please provide exact steps that lead to it, and perhaps a screenshot or two to illustrate the problem.

If the issue cannot be reproduced there, then it must be with your environment, of which we have no details or access to.

prx

Post by prx » Mon May 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Nik wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 pm
prx wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:43 am
In order to troubleshoot this we need to know if the problem is with your environment or with Time Tracker code. The best way to resolve this is to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment with a known TT version and unmodified code in any way, ideally on https://timetracker.anuko.com - if we see the issue there, then we can try to isolate it further. If the issue is reliably reproducible, please provide exact steps that lead to it, and perhaps a screenshot or two to illustrate the problem.

If the issue cannot be reproduced there, then it must be with your environment, of which we have no details or access to.
I understand. I will try to see how we can reproduce this issue. Does the TT environment have some logging enabled? This is important for the reproduction of the error in order to pinpoint the exact time of this issue.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

prx wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:04 pm
Does the TT environment have some logging enabled? This is important for the reproduction of the error in order to pinpoint the exact time of this issue.
Well, there is DEBUG, or AUTH_DEBUG option in config.php, depending on Time Tracker version you use, which can be used to diagnose authentication issues.

I doubt that it will help with sessions though. Note that enabling the DEBUG option breaks redirects because it prints out the messages on screen.

Let us know how we can reproduce the problem. If you have access to web server error logs, perhaps I could add some logging to troubleshoot this particular situation.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Just wondering if you have any more info on the issue. Thanks.

prx

Post by prx » Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi Nik,

I found a way how to reproduce the issue. I will record it an post it on youtube. Plan to do this by the end of the week.

Nik

Post by Nik » Mon May 20, 2019 5:27 pm

prx wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi Nik,

I found a way how to reproduce the issue.
Reproduced where? With unmodified code and on the server we have access to for troubleshooting?