how to create tasks for projects

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
kdwyer

how to create tasks for projects

Post by kdwyer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 pm

I've seen some videos and screen shots in the help documentation that shows a Tasks tab. I don't have a Tasks or Activities tab when I log in. What must I do to have the ability to create tasks or activities that I can assign to tracked time?

peter

Re: how to create tasks for projects

Post by peter » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 pm

kdwyer wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 pm
I've seen some videos and screen shots in the help documentation that shows a Tasks tab. I don't have a Tasks or Activities tab when I log in. What must I do to have the ability to create tasks or activities that I can assign to tracked time?
Use the Tracking mode control on Group settings and set it to "projects and tasks".

kdwyer

Re: how to create tasks for projects

Post by kdwyer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Ah ha! I found the answer in the online documentation under Time Tracking Modes: "Time Tracker provides three modes for time tracking: time, projects, and projects and tasks. You can select the tracking mode on the Group settings page in Time Tracker."
I was able to set the mode in Group settings. This makes the task tab show up on the main menu bar. You can then add new tasks. But the task list wont show up as a select-able list in your project until you check the project box in the task itself.