SSRS reports from MySQL

Discussion forum about Anuko Time Tracker
ScottishManx

SSRS reports from MySQL

Post by ScottishManx » Tue May 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi All,

My first post, so be gentle with me...

We're running some SSRS reports over the Time Tracker database in MySQL - we seem to be successful with most fields, but the Note field appears to be in a UTF-8 format.

Does anyone have a SQL conversion routine to convert the UTF-8 alpha-numeric characters into text for SSRS?

Thanks Mark.

P.S. This website does successfully convert the output we're getting: https://www.browserling.com/tools/utf8-decode

wrc

Re: SSRS reports from MySQL

Post by wrc » Thu May 07, 2020 4:04 pm

It's unclear what exactly you are doing, what is character set of your database and tt_log table, how you connect SSRS to MySQL, how exactly the problem manifests itself, what do you actually intend to do with the data to fix this, and where.

Apparently, changing the data in the existing MySQL table will create presentation problems for TT users, changing it between SSRS and MySQL looks problematic, perhaps there is a setting in SSRS that may convert or present things properly, perhaps you can change a character set for the comment field in tt_log table so that NEW data is presented in SSRS better but OLD existing data needs to be converted then.

It looks to me that the best way is to hire a consultant who is familiar with both TT and SSRS, and provide them with full details of your setup. TT has a Work plugin that allows you to post jobs for freelancers to consider.

ScottishManx

Re: SSRS reports from MySQL

Post by ScottishManx » Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 am

Thanks wrc