Team Profile in Time Tracker
can adjust team information on the Profile
tab In Time Tracker. In addition to their own details, which are displayed on top of the page, the entire team properties are shown. Regular users and clients
(not managers) see less information
on the Profile tab, they can only adjust their own data.
Team profile tab in Time Tracker
Team name is displayed on various pages, where relevant. For example, you can see it on time entry and other pages near the header area, after user name.
Currency field is for the currency symbol to be used with cost-related values in Time Tracker. The currency symbol gets displayed on reports for cost values, and also on invoices where a money value is expected. For example, a 25.00 value may be displayed as US$ 25.00, CAD 25.00, £ 25.00, NOK 25.00, or ¥ 25.00 depending on which currency symbol you designated on the Profile page. You can use any symbol you want here. Note: only one currency per team can be used.
This control defines the interface language for team. One language is set for all team members here. The setting affects user interface for logged in
Note that the language for the Login
page, which is an initial screen users see when they go to Time Tracker to login, is defined separately by a person installing Time Tracker in LANG_DEFAULT
value in its config.php file. An example below sets browser-defined default language.
// Default language of the application.
// Possible values: en, fr, nl, etc. Empty string means the language is defined by user browser.
Select a separator for decimal numbers in this control. It could be either a period or a comma. The decimal mark is used in Time Tracker when displaying decimal numbers as a separator
between whole and fractional decimal digits. An example on the right shows currently selected format for decimals.
Decimal format example
Use the Date format
field to select a display format for dates in Time Tracker. An example to the right of the field shows how it will look like.
Date display format example
Select how you want time values displayed, either 12-hour North American format (with AM/PM), or 24-hour.
Time display format example
First Day of Week
This option defines the day when team week starts. First day of week is displayed in the left column in calendar on relevant pages such as Time, Reports, and Charts.
This option defines how Time Tracker tracks time. Three tracking modes
are available: time
, and projects and tasks
Tracking mode selector
- Time tracking mode - is used to track time without association with projects or tasks. There are no Projects or Tasks tabs in Time Tracker in this mode. Example: users punch in and punch out each day.
- Projects tracking mode - is used to track time spent on projects. There is no concept of tasks in this mode. Units of time are allocated to one or more projects throughout work day.
- Projects and tasks tracking mode - is used for detailed tracking of time spent on projects and tasks. Example: user working on a software development project doing various tasks such as research, design, coding, debugging, testing, etc.
This dropdown defines which options are available for time records: duration
only, start and finish
, or all
Record type selector
- All - both duration and start / finish times are available, you can use any option.
- Start and finish - time records have start and finish attributes.
- Duration - time records have only duration attribute.
Read more about record type options here
This section allows you to enhance Time Tracker with the following additional features.
Time Tracker plugins
Time Tracker User Guide
- Charts - to view diagrams of how work time is spent on projects, tasks, or clients.
- Clients - to bind time records to clients. The Required option determines whether a client is mandatory for time entries.
- Invoices - to invoice customers (clients).
- Custom fields - to associate an additional text or a dropdown custom field with each time entry.
- Expenses - to track expenses. The Tax option for this plugin defines whether expense items are taxable.
- Notifications - to email favorite reports on schedule.
- Locking - to lock records for modifications on schedule.