Home Contact Buy
Sitemap Contact
Home Download Video Free Buy Sitemap Contact

Anuko World Clock Incompatibility Report for ZoneAlarm Extreme Security


Product name: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.0.114.000
Manufacturer: Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Date the problem was first reported: March 25, 2010.

Description of the problem: Users suddenly do not see their clocks in taskbar. Instead, they see their clocks on desktop. For example: "On a reboot today, my task bar clocks are now gone and the clocks are on the desktop."

Probable cause: Interference with placing a hook in Windows explorer.

Product details:

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
Driver version:9.0.114.000
Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014588544
AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.114
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.080


Recommended solution or workaround: Restart Anuko World Clock. Configure ZoneAlarm to allow Anuko World Clock processes to place hook in taskbar.

More info about the problem:

User initially reported: On a reboot today, my task bar items are now gone and the clocks are on the desktop.

User later reported: I am not sure what happened. This product has been running for years on this machine. Nothing changed AntiVirus wise (running ZoneAlarm). The items were in my taskbar, then an update occurred (looks like it went from 5.4.2.2666 -> 5.4.2.2669) then they started showing up on the desktop. I also now see the World Clock icon in the taskbar - something I did not see before.

And finally, another report: Turns out, ZoneAlarm was the culprit. For some reason, the firewall settings got changed behind the scenes to a higher setting. When you started World Clock, it was wanting approval to allow the hook to the taskbar. Since the program was hooking things before the OS was entirely visible, the approval request was not seen or approved.

I found this when I exited the program and then tried to restart it. Once I saw that error, I was able to make changes to ZoneAlarm to fix it. Things appear to be fine again.