Reports in Time Tracker
You can do reports in Time Tracker. Do so on the Reports
tab. Reporting works slightly differently depending on user role.
- Regular users can create and view reports for themselves.
- Clients can do reporting for a single client when their account is associated with a particular client record. If such association does not exist, they can do reporting for all clients.
- Managers and co-managers can do reporting for the entire team and have access to advanced features such as labor cost and assigning report items to invoices.
Fields and options available in reports depend on which features are enabled for your team. For example, when clients
are enabled, you can filter or group reports by client. To configure Time Tracker and to turn on extra features use the Team Profile
Reports tab in Time Tracker
Using Favorite Reports
To save time with report generation, you can configure and save a report as a favorite
. Do it like this:
- Configure report options.
- Type in a name in the Save as favorite field and click Save. Once saved, it appears in the Favorite report dropdown on top of the page. Select it and click the Generate button to view it.
Filtering by Client
control is available when clients
are enabled. Use it to filter report items for a single client.
Selecting a client for reporting
Filtering by Custom Field
If you use a dropdown custom field
with a list of options, then a report can be filtered to contain only entries with a specific custom field option. Use the Select option
control to select such option.
Selecting a custom field option for reporting
Filtering by Project or Task
Use the Select project
and Select task
dropdown controls to filter report by project or task.
- Select projects is available in both projects and projects and tasks tracking modes.
- Select task is available in projects and tasks tracking mode.
Billable vs Not Billable Records
The Include records
dropdown is available when you use Invoices
. It allows to select billable, not billable, or all records for reporting.
Including billable or not billable records in report
The Select users
section on the Reports
page allows you to select users for reporting. Use checkboxes to select / deselect individual users. Clicking the Select all
will mark them all for reporting. Click Deselect all
to unselect everybody.
Selecting users for reporting
Selecting Time Period
Use controls in the Select time period
group to select a time interval for reporting. For example, you can select intervals like this month
, last month
, or select a range between specific dates.
Selecting time period for reporting
Selecting Fields to Display
Use the Show fields
group to select columns for report.
Selecting columns for report
- Client - client name, when clients are enabled.
- Project - project name, available in projects and projects and tasks tracking modes.
- Task - task name, available in projects and tasks tracking mode.
- Invoice - invoice number for item, when Invoices are enabled.
- Start - item start time, available for start and finish or all record types.
- Finish - item end time, available for start and finish or all record types.
- Duration - item duration, available for duration or all record types.
- Note - comment for a time record, item name for an expense items.
- Cost - associated cost for an entry. Expense items are reported with all taxes included. Labor items do not include tax. When report is viewed by a regular user (not manager), cost is shown only for expenses. In other words, regular users see blank cost for their labor items, managers see cost values for all items.
- Custom field - custom field option for a dropdown, or user-entered text for a text custom field. Available when custom fields are enabled.
Grouping Report Items
You can group report items together using the Group by
selector. Grouped records are shown in a contiguous block in report. For example, if you group by date, then all entries for each date will by shown in a separate report segment with a subtotal. Checking Totals only
will display only totals for each such segment, without items.
Group report items using various options
Example Report without Grouping
The following example shows a report without grouping. In this report:
- All items are in one table.
- You can export it to an XML or CSV file using the links above the report table.
- The bottom line shows totals for time and cost for all items.
- You can email report using the Send by e-mail button.
Example report without grouping
Report with Grouping by Project
Here is another report example for the same set of data as above, now grouped by project. Notice that the report now contains two segments of data, one for Start Wars Game
and another for Time Tracker
- Items are grouped by project in two blocks.
- There is a Subtotal line for each block of grouped records.
Example report grouped by project
Totals Only Report
If you group report items, you can tick the Totals only
checkbox on the Reports
page. In this case, only the subtotals for grouped items will show up, as one line per segment, without items themselves. Here is an example that does this for the same data as above.
Example report showing totals only
With Totals only
report, just as with other reports, you can:
- Export data to XML or CSV file.
- Send report by email.
Starting with Time Tracker 18.104.22.16889 there is an additional option to export reports as PDF files. The feature works similarly to XML and CSV exports. When installed, you'll see Export as PDF, XML or CSV
line on top of report (instead of just XML or CSV).
The feature utilizes TCPDF
library, which is expected to be installed in WEB-INF/lib/tcpdf/ folder. Because of the library size, we provide 2 download options: one with the library and another without. The only difference is the availability of WEB-INF/lib/tcpdf/ folder and TCPDF files inside it.
To use PDF reporting, either install Time Tracker with PDF option from the appropriate download link
, or use the regular version and download TCPDF library separately into WEB-INF/lib/tcpdf/ folder.
Auto Email Reports
You can configure reports for automatic delivery on schedule by email. See notifications
for details how to configure automatic report emailing.
Time Tracker User Guide