How to Change Color of Clock
When you display several clocks on desktop or in taskbar, usually for different locations on Earth, you may also want to make them of different color for easy identification. For example, on the picture below Wellington clock is red, London clock is green, and Vancouver clock is blue in system taskbar.
Different clock colours for easy identification
It is easy to do with the Highlights
feature in Preferences. Highlights allow you to mix up an additional color of your choice to clock faces. The procedure is simple.
- Open Anuko World Clock Preferences.
- Remove any highlights you might already have.
- Add one permanent highlight to each clock and configure its color and strength as necessary.
Let's examine each step in more detail.
In this example as on the picture below, London clock has 2 highlights: "Open for business" and "Office closed". This is the default configuration after install. These highlights are dynamic. The "Open for business" is applied during working hours on weekdays, the other one is active all other times. Do not worry about dynamic highlights at the moment because we do not need them.
World Clock Preferences - clock options page
To remove a highlight select its label (not the checkbox) and then click the Remove button below. For example, to remove the "Open for business" highlight click with the mouse on the "Open for business" label in the navigational tree on the left. This label is highlighted by blue on the picture below. Then, when the highlight is selected, click the Remove button below it and confirm the intention to delete on the following screen.
Select highlight label and click on the Remove button to delete it
Adding a Highlight
When you delete all highlights, the Highlights node becomes empty and the checkbox in front of it disappears. Now it's time to add a highlight. You can do it by selecting the empty "Highlights" node and clicking the Add button.
To add a new highlight to a clock select the Highlights node and click the Add button
After adding a new highlight you should see something like on the picture below. Note that the Highlights node is expandable again and has a new item titled "Highlight" added to it. You can see its current settings on the right hand side. This highlight is green and applies every day from 9 AM (09:00) to 6 PM (18:00). Now all we need is to change its settings.
Properties of a just created clock highlight
Adjusting Highlight Properties
We can make the following changes to the new highlight on the right hand side in Preferences.
- Change the Tooltip to something that makes sense you. This is simply a label that is displayed in tooltip, among other things, when mouse hovers over the clock.
- The most important part is to make the highlight permanent so that it works at all times. You can do it by selecting its "Start time" and "End time" to be 12:00 AM (midnight).
- Change highlight color by clicking on the "Change Color..." button.
- After changing the color adjust its intensity (Strenght) by using the slider control, which is located between the "Change Color..." button and the example presentation below it. You can move (drag) the slider with mouse to increase or decrease color intensity.
Adjust highlight properties using controls on the right pane in Preferences
Do not forget to click OK or Apply after you are done.
To summarize important points: in this example we removed unneeded highlights from clocks, added a brand new highlight and made sure that it applies at all times (all days of week from midnight to midnight). We also adjusted color and its intensity.
World Clock FAQ