Permanent Highlights in World Clock
In World Clock
, you can add a bit of colour to clock faces. This is what we call a clock highlight
. The color and intensity of a highlight are configurable.
World Clock in taskbar with 3 different highlights
You can define the time of day
when the highlight is active. So, by design, highlights are dynamic. They apply to clocks depending on time of the day and day of the week.
A permanent highlight
is a special case of a generic highlight. Permanent highlights are active at all times.
How to Configure a Permanent Highlight
To configure a permanent highlight for a clock:
- Open Preferences.
- Navigate to the Highlights node for the clock.
- If you have multiple highlights already defined on the clock - remove extra ones leaving only one highlight there. If the Highlights node is empty - select it with the mouse and click the Add button to add a single highlight.
A single clock highlight in World Clock Preferences
- Change highlight properties on the right-hand side in Preferences.
Permanent red highlight properties in Preferences
Change Highlight Start and End Times
- For Start time and End time specify 12:00 AM. This means that the highlight is active during the entire day.
Set "Start time" and "End time" values to 12:00 AM (midnight) to cover the entire 24 hours of day
Mark All Days of Week for Highlight to Apply
- Select all days of week for the highlight to apply permanently no matter which weekday it is.
Make sure to mark all days of week for a permanent highlight
Change Highlight Color and Intensity
- Change color of the highlight by clicking the Change Color... button.
- Change highlight intensity by using the Strength slider. The example picture below the slider shows how the clock looks.
Changing color and its intensity for a permanent clock highlight
World Clock User Guide
- Finally, click OK or Apply to save the changes.