How to See Visitor Statistics with Anuko CMS
Sometimes you will want to see visitor statistics for your website. It can be accomplished with Google Analytics
is a free service from Google. It can get you various detailed reports about website visitors. For example, you can see how many people visited the site each day and so on. These reports with graphics are much more advanced than a simple visitor counter. Read more about Google Analytics here
How to Set Up Google Analytics
To set up visitor tracking you need to:
- Create a Google Analytics account.
- Obtain a code snippet from Google Analytics.
- Copy and paste the code snippet into the "Google Analytics" area in the admin section of your website.
- Wait for at least 24 hours and then use your Google Analytics account to see your stats.
The sections below explain each step in detail.
How to Create a Google Analytics Account
Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/
to sign up for a new account. If you already have an account you can access it here. This is the page you'll use to see your website statistics.
How to Obtain a Code Snippet from Google Analytics
Read this support article
for exact steps to obtain the code and also has a help video. Briefly, the procedure is as follows:
- Login to your Google Analytics account at http://www.google.com/analytics
- From the Overview page, select the account that has the profile for the tracking code you're looking for, as the code is profile-specific.
- Select the profile from the accounts Overview page.
- From that profile's Actions column (on the right), click Edit.
- At the top right of the Main Website Profile Information box, click Check Status (on the right).
- If you get to this page you should see something similar to the picture below. The code snipped is in the bottom part of it.
How to Insert the Google Analytics Code into your Website
With Anuko CMS it's very easy to insert Google Analytics code. You do it only once in the Home - Google Analytics area of your website administration interface. Here is how:
- Go to your website.
- Go to Home - Google Analytics page.
- Copy and paste the code in its entirety from your Google Analytics profile into the text area on this page and click Save. The result should look somewhat similar (but not exact match) to the image below.
How to see Visitor Stats
After you inserted the code you must wait for at least 24 hours for Google Analytics to gather some statistics for you.
Simply login to your Google Analytics account at http://www.google.com/analytics/
the next day to see your reports.
Contact Google Analytics Support for help with interpreting the data in your reports. Their site has an extensive help section at http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/
If you need additional help you can use our Premier Support Services